Rate this topic

hello friends.

my daughter for two years has had digestive problems.

vomitting, diareah, bloating, fatigue, depression....

saw her docotr about it 3 times. the said IBS. its not iBS.

but now she has no insurance and a friend who is a nutritionist at a hospital, said she thinks it is celiacs.

but she has no insurance, she is 19.

we did gluten free 9 days now.

she felt tons better, but today she vomitted after eating thai food. could it be the spices?, they were rice noodles.

I am so worried.

what is your opinion of this whole thing?

I wish I could tell you. Can you help your daughter pay for the blood panel? That would be somewhere in the hundreds of dollars.

Can't say about the Thai food. Sometimes in the U.S. they include soy sauce that has wheat, even when the traditional Thai dish would not have soy sauce. You absolutely have to ask; you cannot assume.

richard

I wish I could tell you. Can you help your daughter pay for the blood panel? That would be somewhere in the hundreds of dollars.

Can't say about the Thai food. Sometimes in the U.S. they include soy sauce that has wheat, even when the traditional Thai dish would not have soy sauce. You absolutely have to ask; you cannot assume.

richard

I bloat up like a balloon after eating any Oriental food. I never made the connection until recently, when I started the testing process for Celiacs. I am still eating gluten and waiting for the dr to reschedule my biopsy. It can not come soon enough.

It could be something that the food was made with.

Good luck!

Susan

hello friends.

my daughter for two years has had digestive problems.

vomitting, diareah, bloating, fatigue, depression....

saw her docotr about it 3 times. the said IBS. its not iBS.

but now she has no insurance and a friend who is a nutritionist at a hospital, said she thinks it is celiacs.

but she has no insurance, she is 19.

we did gluten free 9 days now.

she felt tons better, but today she vomitted after eating thai food. could it be the spices?, they were rice noodles.

I am so worried.

what is your opinion of this whole thing?

THe problem with Thai food is that there are a bazillion ingredients. I've been glutened twice from Thai.