jasonD2

Active Greens Food Bars Safe?

Rate this topic

Are the Active Greens Food Bars safe? they all say gluten free

If they are the same ones I looked at they would not be safe IMHO. I would react to them

These were in the ingredients from one site that sells them

100% Certified Organic Ingredients: Almond Butter, Date Paste, Agave Nectar, Brown Rice Protein, Raisins, Flax Sprout Powder, Soy Sprout Powder, Quinoa Sprout Powder, Sesame Seeds, Brown Rice Crisps, Wheat Grass Juice, Barley Grass Juice Powder, Hawaiian Spirulina, Blueberry Powder, Raspberry Powder, Beet Juice Powder, Broccoli Sprouts & Love.

Just heard from the company:

Our 68g. bars are tested according to European standards to be <3ppm gluten while most products you find on the shelf today that claim to be gluten free are only <20ppm according to American standards.

Wheat Grass and Barley Grass do not contain gluten as these are only the tips that are used and not stems or grains.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support!

Jack

Just heard from the company:

Our 68g. bars are tested according to European standards to be <3ppm gluten while most products you find on the shelf today that claim to be gluten free are only <20ppm according to American standards.

Wheat Grass and Barley Grass do not contain gluten as these are only the tips that are used and not stems or grains.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your support!

Jack

I would make sure I was feeling well for at least two weeks before I ate any of those bars, well if I would even think of eating them anyway. I do know that I have reacted badly to wheat grass juice that was technically gluten free and there are others on the board who have reacted also. You may want to do a board search or post a question about whether others consume the barley and wheat grass before you consume.

There are a few for sure gluten free bars available that are pretty good, there is Lara bars, Bumble Bars (those are sesame seed or cashew and may have other varities) and I recently found these bars called NuGoFree that are really good also. My favorites in those are the Chocolate Crunch and the Carrot Cake, they are made with rice crisps and are dairy, soy and gluten free.