Rate this topic

I have been craving ice cream and have been afraid to buy any because I am new to all of this. Can anyone save me the research? I am willing to the do the research, I know I am going to have to start doing it, but please can anyone help me now, before then? thank you in advance.

Susan

craving sweets

Ice cream is almost without exception gluten-free EXCEPT the obvious stuff -- cookies and cream, Oreo, and such. For the most part, if the ingredients don't list wheat or malt, it's gluten-free.

richard

Here is the link to the Edy's website. This is the one that goes to their slow churned light products (because that is what I usually get) :) If you click on each type of ice cream, it has a list of all the ingredients at the top, below that is the nutritional info, and then right below the nutritional info it will tell you whether or not it is gluten free. For example, if you click on the "Chocolate Chip" link it says that this Edy's ice cream is Kosher, Light, Gluten Free, and does not contain nuts. If you click on the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough link, it says that it is "Kosher, Light, and does Contain Nuts," and you can see on the ingredient list that the cookie dough part is made with wheat flour. So, you would know not to eat that one. I think they have the majority of their ice creams listed. I think there are other companies that do this, too, so a good thing to do is either check their website for nutritional or allergen information or call the company directly.

http://edys.slowchurned.com/flavorlisting.aspx?b=117

Hope this helps!! I LOVE ice cream too, so I was excited to learn most of it is still okay! :D

Haagen Daz sent me a list in the mail of all the ice cream that was safe. And while I don't have the list in front of me, basically everything is OK, except the obvious cookie dough type ice creams. I eat Haagen Daz all the time!

I also eat Ben & Jerry's cherry garcia too without problem.

thank you all so much!

I got glutened from a number of brands until I switched to Hagen Daz. I'm sure there are a number of brands that are OK but to be safe I only go with Hagen Daz and then only flavors on their gluten free list (which most obvious ones are).

Cheers!

Michelle