pewpewlasers

Endoscopy Tomorrow

Rate this topic

My first endoscopy is tomorrow morning. My GI doc wants one even though I have been gluten free for over a year. I've had new symptoms I have never had before that seem to be unrelated to celiac. I'm a little nervous, I think just because any medical procedure when they put you to sleep is a little nerve wracking.

One part of me hopes he finds something so this can all be over. At the same time if it comes back normal he said he might gluten challenge me.

All the doctor visits and testing takes so long and it's scary to think of all the things that might be wrong.

It also scares me to eat gluten again!

The endoscopy was a piece of cake. The easiest procedure I've ever had. Don't worry, I was nervous too but it really was nothing. If your dr wants to gluten challenge you, ask up front if you have severe symptoms will he dx you from that? Tell him if you feel you can't do the entire challenge because you are too sick, you will stop no matter what. I would be scared to challenge also.

The procedure will be easy. Try not to stress too much about it. If you are having symptoms that are different from your celiac symptoms I do wonder why he would want to make you do a challenge. Have you already ruled out other intolerances? Soy, dairy etc? If you haven't I would drop those and see if anything changes before I did a challenge. If you do choose to do a challenge make sure you follow the other posters advice and let the doctor know if symptoms get severe. It doesn't always happen but it is not unusual for our body to react very strongly to a challenge.

Everything went great. I even got pictures. :)

The doc didn't talk much to me afterwards because I was pretty out of it. All I remember is him saying that everything looked normal except I had some sort of something that isn't working correctly. Maybe some sort of valve that isn't closing like it's supposed to or something. I wish I wasn't out of it so I could of talked about it!

I guess I will hear all of it and the results from the biopsies on the 26th.