This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Then Last Item With Gluten You Ate...

VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I have to give credit to Erratic - -she mentioned animal crackers as her last "gluten" item she intentionally ate.

What was the last Gluten-Item you INTENTIONALLY ate?

For me, it was a mug full of beer. Around the summer of 1998 at Ohio State...it was wonderful, for a few hours... :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nini

right before my appt. with the GI to get my results I had a HUGE avocado sandwich from the Atlanta Bread Company on sourdough bread. OMG it was so yummy.

bklyn Enthusiast

Believe it or not, right after my endoscopy (when my dr. told me I probably had Celiac) I went home and ate a Thomas' english muffin. I had never heard of Celiac and I thought he was crazy!

celiac3270 Collaborator

A bagel with cream cheese. :)

skbird Contributor

I'm not certain if this is it or not but it's when I finally knew it was the problem. We were just about to tear out our kitchen as the pipes in the 60 year old walls had rusted through and flooded the place. I was excited because I had just discovered a pizza parlor nearby that made pizza on whole wheat crust and as a hypoglycemic, I thought this would be an acceptable "take out" meal that we'd probably be ordering a couple of times a week through the remodel. So we got a pie and had some friends over (had a two for one coupon) and I pigged out. The next day I felt terrible. That's when wheat and I finally decided to part ways...

Stephanie

PS in case you're curious, I survived mainly on Annie's Rice Pasta Mac and Cheese (found it for $.99 each at the Grocery Outlet! Score!!!), quinoa flakes cereal, and canned tuna... oh it was SOOOOO great to have a kitchen again!!!

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

A Krispy Kreme donut, and several of the South Beach diets wheatty products--such as Bulgar (which is disgusting).

Generic Apprentice

Oreo cookies and pizza :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

The last thing I intentionally ate with gluten? Hold your stomachs and cover your mouths, 'cause it was my test item: yogurt with a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten in it. It certainly worked as a test, alright!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

It was a piece of pizza(my favorite food has always been pizza)and 1 bite of a cupcake...I threw the rest of the cupcake out it didn't even taste like I was expecting it...I guess my mind was making it up to be something it was not...I had a little voice in the back of my head saying "your going to regret this" so i didn't really enjoy it because I knew I would pay with damage and symptoms . I didn't feel so hot after eating it either.

KarenCM Rookie

The first day that I saw the GI in November 2004 and he was almost certain that I had celiac disease he told me to start the Gluten Free Diet right away. That night we were planning on making homemade pizzas for dinner and there was no way I was missing out on my homemade pizza. I felt the effects the rest of the night and the next day when I started the diet.

Karen

anewsprue Newbie

Two chocolate chip bagels for breakfast and a Subway Club for lunch...and I remembered every minute of it for about three days! <_<

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Those were funny. Mine was half a cheese sandwich. The funny thing was it didn't taste as good as I remembered!

ianm Apprentice

I think it was a chocolat donut. It was quite a while before I would eat chocolat again. Last donut I ever ate that's for sure. Not a pleasent time in my life.

Guest gfinnebraska

Before I found out I had celiac I just thought I was "allergic" to wheat. So, one weekend the family was going to be away, and I had a small meat lovers pizza and cookies and cream ice cream! But, as others have said, it didn't taste like I had remembered it tasting. THEN I found out later that I had celiac disease... I have NEVER intentionally eaten gluten since. When you find out it could kill you... it kind of takes the fun out of it!! :(

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Hey Ian:

What is the president thing in your signature?

cdford Contributor

I did not know I was celiac disease. We thought it was just my daughter. I had been keeping the diet with her (only 11 at the time) as an encouragement so she wouldn't feel so out of place. She went off for a long weekend with the grandparents and the rest of us pigged out...homemade wheat bread, pizza, blueberry muffins, cookies, the whole nine yards. I was broken out, itching, and all the usual gastro stuff. Whent to the doctor by Monday and never ever wanted to do that again. It took months for all the DH spots to finally clear. I am left with a body full of scarring to remind me why I don't eat gluten.

minibabe Contributor

A milky way bar..... <_< I had no idea what it was that made me sick, but....I just happened to look it up while I was in class and yup there it was of the Gluten list

Guest gfinnebraska

Dark Choc. Milky Way is gluten-free. You will have to eat one of those next time! :D

minibabe Contributor

Yea, that is where I made my mistake. I just read it fast and thought that it was all of them. Unfortunatly i dont like the dark chocolate <_<

But thanks!!! :)

celiac3270 Collaborator
Dark Choc. Milky Way is gluten-free. You will have to eat one of those next time! :D

LOL...I'm eating one now :lol:

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots...

ianm Apprentice

And now you are probably going to ask "What is an Autobot?" The Autobots are the good Transformer robots and the Decepticons are the evil robots. My son is a big fan and I was into them when I was his age. :o

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Mine was an Amstel light. Because somebody on this message board ;) told me the European celiacs could have it, because it's glutenfree. Well, it's not. I felt it the next day.

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Thanks Ian. My son played with transformers. I just didn't remember the names.

I thought maybe you were going to run for president. A celiac president, that would be a wonderful thing. I have read there is some thought that JFK had celiac, but they really didn't know about it then. I would like someone really famous to have it and bring more awareness to this. Guess I went on too long.

gabrielle Contributor

The day before my test results came back, i had some ben and jerry's fudge brownie frozen yogurt... :D sure glad i did that before i found out!

Archived