Frances03

Some Other Companies I Have Called This Week

Rate this topic

Hunts tomato sauce-gluten free

Rosarita refried beans-couldn't guarantee the distilled vinegar

Tylenol-the arthrities extended release caplets are gluten free

Motrin-couldn't guarantee gluten free, said the don't ADD gluten but it hasn't been tested

Jimmy Dean-said the label would say it if it was in there, they dont hide in under spices

CORN MEAL-this was a nightmare. both Quaker AND Hodgson Mills told me they dont add gluten, but they dont have a gluten free facility and they dont test for gluten. Arrowhead Mills doesn't add gluten, doesn't have a gluten free facility, BUT they do have STRICT controls and they also periodically test the cornmeal for gluten. I went ahead and bought this brand. It was the CLOSEST I could get to gluten free cornmeal. I would not trust Hodgson Mills after talking to them.

Olay-couldn't say anything was gluten free at all

Lubriderm-hasn't been tested, couldn't guarantee gluten free at all

Garnier Fructis-wonder waves spray, curl shaping gel, mouse, all gluten free. they are calling me back on the wonder waves shampoo and conditioner as it's new and they didn't have a statement yet.

if I think of any more I've called, I'll post it.

Sounds like you're doing the homework! Keep up the good work. I looked up tylenol products a few days ago. I took an off brand at three in the morning for lower back pain and a head cold and woke up with a rash..... but the back pain and headache were gone..... so I'll have to stock up on the tylenol for my next middle of the night pain in the .... B)

Thanks for sharing your info about your calls. This really helps.

(p.s. in-case you didn't see my post about the Udi white sandwich bread, it's wonderful!)

Based on my reactions, Kinnickinnick's cornmeal seemed more gluten free than Arrowhead mills. I finally got my own mill to grind it myself. Then I found non corn grains in my corn!

Motrin was okay for me gluten-wise. But be careful not to take more than it says to. I was doctor-ordered to take 'extra' motrin for cramps and over the years it gave me intense heartburn and beyond. Just throwin' that out there. But as far as gluten-attacks, it was fine.

I wonder why Quaker Oats wouldn't want to guarantee a wheat free oat and target both consumers (the gluten free consumer and the gluten consumer). Just doesn't make since. :huh::huh: