casnco

Ingredient Labels

Rate this topic

I am not sure if this is where I should post this question. But here goes.

When I was initially diagnosed with Celiac 6 yrs ago there were no labeling laws. So every ingredient had to be read. We were all very wary of the term "natural ingredients" unless specific companies used the term, such as "Kraft".

Well now we have labeling laws, I still read every ingredient and put anything with the words "natural ingredient" back. Does everyone do this? Or can I lighten up a little?

well, I've only been at this for 3 yrs and I haven't put back stuff with "natural ingredients". But if anything says, "manufactured in a facility that also processes (or handles) ........" then I do, because those inevitably bother me! I think we all have to use our own "radar" and comfort level with stuff like this. You could always try one and see what happens. Or decide how badly you want said item, lol.

well, I've only been at this for 3 yrs and I haven't put back stuff with "natural ingredients". But if anything says, "manufactured in a facility that also processes (or handles) ........" then I do, because those inevitably bother me! I think we all have to use our own "radar" and comfort level with stuff like this. You could always try one and see what happens. Or decide how badly you want said item, lol.

The other thing I do, too, is if I see a product that says "natural ingredients" or "natural flavorings" or whatever, I keep a list of those products. I usually do not buy them at the time, but when I get home I will either email the company that makes it or I will give them a call to double check for sure if it is in fact gluten free.