This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Igg Allergy Testing

missybean

missybean Apprentice

I'm serisously considering getting IgG testing done. I mostly see a regular MD but I did recently see a naturopath and she suggested to me to have the IgG testing done or try the elimination diet like I have been doing off and on for months. I'm 5 months pregnant and have recently been told by my primary that some of the rash I have looks like DH and to go gluten free which I have for about 6 weeks and feeling better. No more GI symptoms, hyperpigmentation has faded dramatically, joint pain gone (for a couple of weeks) and there is many more things. I haven't had a biopsy because when I went to the Dermatologist he said it wasn't DH and said it was eczema and the hives i have had for almost 2 years were ezcema. My primary thinks I have several skin issues going on...DH, some kind of allergic reaction from the rash on my arm, pityriasis rosea on my chest,back and tummy(which is fairly new and keeps spreading) she said the pityriasis is virus and goes away on its own in 3 weeks to 3 months so time will tell on that. I strongly believe all of these rashes are related to food sensitivies as I have been taking notes and writing down what happens when I seem to get a reaction. Not sure if the pregnancy has made me more sensitive or not because I have had these hives and rashes since before pregnancy but they have worsened since i became pregnant. It really becoming hard to do an elimation diet especially while pregnant so I'm thinking I will call the naturopath and order the IgG tests but I'm wondering are these tests recondized by reg medical community or only naturopaths...not that it matters to much because I believe in them. Does anyone know if I have to stop taking zyrtec before the test? I'm really interested to hear what people have to say about IgG testing and there personal experience with this. Thanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nu-to-no-glu Apprentice

These are good questions that I don't have answers to! But, I am waiting on results from my IgG tests and my dr is an MD, so he at least recognizes them as legit! I will tell you that when I was pregnant many many of my symptoms (that at the time, I didn't relate to celiac as I had no knowledge of the disease) were crazy! My gums bled so much, I had a tooth chip off, I had sores all over my body, including in my nose, etc. I think the hormones just kick in and send all of that stuff into over-drive, especially if it's fighting against gluten. Did anyone biopsy your rash? Maybe it's worth asking your primary dr to send you to someone who will take their suspicion seriously? I can't imagine being pregnant and trying to get all of this stuff straightened out! I think the additonal food testing would be worth it, just a blood test and you can go from there. Good luck, and take care of yourself (I say this as my 22 mth only is exhausting me while I try to type) :)

• 2 weeks later...
missybean Apprentice
These are good questions that I don't have answers to! But, I am waiting on results from my IgG tests and my dr is an MD, so he at least recognizes them as legit! I will tell you that when I was pregnant many many of my symptoms (that at the time, I didn't relate to celiac as I had no knowledge of the disease) were crazy! My gums bled so much, I had a tooth chip off, I had sores all over my body, including in my nose, etc. I think the hormones just kick in and send all of that stuff into over-drive, especially if it's fighting against gluten. Did anyone biopsy your rash? Maybe it's worth asking your primary dr to send you to someone who will take their suspicion seriously? I can't imagine being pregnant and trying to get all of this stuff straightened out! I think the additonal food testing would be worth it, just a blood test and you can go from there. Good luck, and take care of yourself (I say this as my 22 mth only is exhausting me while I try to type) :)

Did you get the results from your Igg tests? I'm curious to find out if you had suspicions of certain foods and if you were right. I sent off my test about a week ago. Waiting for the results.....trying to be patient.

Brookesmom Newbie
Did you get the results from your Igg tests? I'm curious to find out if you had suspicions of certain foods and if you were right. I sent off my test about a week ago. Waiting for the results.....trying to be patient.

I got the IgG food and environmental allergy testing blood panel a few months ago from my M.D. It all came back negative! I was sure either wheat or barley would show up since they make me bloat so much. I guess I'll need to pursue other testing for celiac/gluten intolerance.

Archived