Spiral

New To The Forum - 2.5 Year Old Just Diagnosed

Rate this topic

Hello everyone, I've been lurking around the site for some time now and thought I might as well finally join and post!

My daughter, Kaiya, was diagnosed with celiac about a month ago. Her dad had taken her in because she had diarrhea and that resulted in tons and tons of blood tests - Celiac being positive, followed quickly by a biopsy after which we got the official diagnosis.

So far it's been pretty easy to accommodate and Kaiya has improved tenfold. I'm a pretty young mother and I don't really like most kids, so I struggled for a long time because Kaiya always seemed to be in such a horrible mood. She's a complete angel now and I feel like such a burden has been lifted.

I also had the benefit of going to culinary school and working as a cook, so while many times in the past I've cursed last minute orders (karma, anyone?! :P ) I have also learned how to adapt and provide wholesome food that isn't essentially poison for people who can't eat gluten.

Anyways, I wanted to get a start on posting here. While I'm a cook I'm not much of a baker, so I'm going to have quite an adventure with my grandparent's bread machine!