Lynayah

Wal-mart Raw Chicken Leg & Thigh Pieces Gluten-free?

Rate this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart's Raw Chicken Leg & Thigh Pieces are Gluten-Free -- the large bag they carry in the meat section? There are flavoring additives in the meat, and I saw on the web that the meat may not be gluten-free. Does anyone know for sure? Where did you get the information?

Which store brands of raw chicken are safe? Does anyone have a source for a list they might share?

I no longer have the packaging and plan to check the next time I'm at Wal-Mart. The family member who made the chicken for me said he checked the package it it seemed okay, but without my looking at it, I'm not sure.

I'm still learning where to go to research all this stuff on my own, so if anyone has links, etc., they'd be welcome.

Thank you so much!

If you go to that thread meantioned I put a link there to the page put up by the USDA. If there are flavorings added the ingredients of those flavorings do not need to be disclosed. I usually call a company to make sure if a meat has broth or flavorings added.

If it is a Wal-Mart brand, it will say gluten free on it.

I need to check next time I am there. Thank you for the reminder.

And as the USDA has told me numerous times, it doesn't matter what part of the additives to raw meat, ALL grains must be listed. Period. With meat, just read the ingredients. It's very easy.

richard