homemaker

Gluten Free Non Dairy Drink?

Rate this topic

Just curious what you all dairy free fellow gluten-free'ers pour on your morning cereal that is gluten-free?

Which is the best tasting?

Almond milk is very yummy :D

I ate my cereal dry with a side glass of OJ for the first year when I learned I was allergic to milk. Then I was used to soy milk enough to add it to my cereal. I really prefer the soy on a hot cereal like grits though.

Depends on the cereal, really. The best all around bet to me is unsweetened almond milk.

I use almond milk too. And I love it on warm brown rice, with a chopped up banana, some nuts, some sesame seeds, some cinnamon, and some pure maple syrup!!! and sometimes raisins! I eat this instead of cereal. I'm going to try quinoa and see if that's any good this way.

I sometimes drink Ensure when I can't find meal options. The new dark chocolate is to die for.

I really like Almond Breeze vanilla for cereal.

I like Wegmans Rice Milk and for drinking chocolate Hemp milk.

Loved the unsweetened almond milk but it had enough soy lethicin (sp?) to upset my digestion. I really like making my own almond milk when I can find unsalted almonds. Westsoy rice milk is cheap and easy to find. I just don't like that rice milk on cereal is just carbs on carbs, bad for my sugar. But when everyone else around here is eating ice cream, I have cereal.

I don't drink any kind of milk. It's to expensive and I don't need to extra calories. I drink a couple onces of juice in a huge glass of water. And I take vitamin D and calcium in the morning with my coffee.

Hope this helps,

RA

I use rice milk (trader joe's unsweetened). On cereal and in baking. I don't drink straight from a glass but I could. It's ok if I need to take medicine or something. My parents like almond milk (and not the rice) but I haven't tried.

Almond milk is very yummy :D

Ditto :)

Loved the unsweetened almond milk but it had enough soy lethicin (sp?) to upset my digestion. I

For what it's worth, Pacific brand almond milk is the only brand I've seen that does NOT contain soy lecithin. (Although they did go back and forth with this, I'm pretty sure it's now soy-free again.)

Jeanne