homemaker

Negative Blood Work

Rate this topic

A few weeks ago I had a negative Celiac Panel Done and I have read on this forum that one must be consuming

at least 3 slices of bread a day to have positive results.

Is it possible, if I was not consuming that level of breads or pasta for my results to be inaccurate?

I had been on Weight Watchers and was only having 2 slices a day...very rarely more than that.

Pasta was consumed infrequently.

These were my results below...

Celiac IgA Serum Units mg/dL Ref Range (68-378) 209

Tissue Transglutaminase Ab IgA Units (0-19) 10

Gliadin Antibody IgA Units 3

I have ordered enterolabs complete stool panel with gene testing and free dairy test...

Should receive them soon in the mail to send back out to them....

I have gone Gluten Free for about 3 weeks now and other than withdrawal type stuff

my symptoms of constipation, bloating etc are gone.

I can't answer your specific question, but it's evident by your improving symptoms on the gluten free diet, that you either have a gluten allergy, gluten sensitivity or Celiac.

Enterolabs will not be able determine which of those three you suffer from. They may determine that you have selective sensitivities to various foods.

I am not a fan of the gene test, because 30% of the non-Celiac population also carry the genes, and possession of the gene is in no way diagnostic of Celiac, in itself.

Good luck with your search and if you feel better on the gluten free diet, continue on :D

The blood tests come back negative for a lot of obvious celiacs. Screw the blood tests just stick to the diet :D

Now I know I'm getting better, my sas is back!

Thanks everyone...my decision to try enterolab was made more for my children and anything else....When I really think about it...

I have 2 kids 22 and 24 and my sister has diagnosed celiac which was very severe when finally diagnosed.

I would be good to know whether what genes I carry, but irregardless of the results I am staying gluten-free!

Gene test cannot dx celiac disease but they can be a valuable tool to evaluate the bigger picture. A positive gene test along with your family history and a positive response to the gluten-free diet are all puzzle pieces to a tricky dx.

Gene test cannot dx celiac disease but they can be a valuable tool to evaluate the bigger picture. A positive gene test along with your family history and a positive response to the gluten-free diet are all puzzle pieces to a tricky dx.

Yes, Thank You ....I know that by having the gene does diagnose Celiac, but you are right, it is just another puzzle piece to help

in the process of coming to a diagnosis...and it would be helpful for my children, who have not had children of their own yet, to know

if their mother has the gene...