Shess0816

Stuffing For Thanksgiving/christmas Turkeys

Rate this topic

Hi guys. This is going to be my first holiday season gluten free, so I am a little unsure about how to adapt the meals. I'm not too worried about the turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc... I think I've figured out those. I was wondering, though, if there is anyone who knows how to make a good gluten free stuffing for to go in the turkey?? I'll be at my moms house and I've had to do the cooking for the last couple years, so I just need to know if it's possible to do?? We used to use the stouffers crutons, soaked them in chicken broth, added celery, onion, salt, pepper, etc... This has always been one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving meals!! Anyone have any alternatives?

Thanks so much!!!

Sally

I make my own croutons (either cornbread or regular white bread), and then make them as you normally would. You will do great!

I usually buy a loaf of the EnerG bread, whatever variety is cheapest and use that. It is lacking in favor as a sandwich bread but great texture for breadcrumbs and stuffing.

My aunt made the best turkey dressing/stuffing. Here's the recipe, I will use Udi bread this year since I have discovered it last week. Love that bread.

Aunt Ruth

You could also lay out some gluten free bread that has been cubed, let it dry or toast it in the oven and then proceed with your recipe. Maybe add some spices if you would like.