LisaaaNoel

gluten-free Diet..how Much Time?

Rate this topic

I'm sure this question gets asked frequently, and for that I apologize. I also understand that there is quite a range in time frames from one individual to another.

I've never been tested for celiac, as I don't have insurance or the money to pay for doctor visits. During the summer, I attempted a gluten free diet for about 2 weeks. I found absolutely no relief, so I stopped. (I found the diet part of it particularly easy since I love to cook and experiment, but I found the hassle to be with the utensils/pans/and sharing a kitchen with someone who loves to bake.)

Anyways, I'm asking for personal experiences. How long after going completely gluten-free did you notice a change in your symptoms? The majority of my symptoms are digestive related. If I were to try the diet again, how long should I give it before giving up?

Thanks for your input.

3 days for me. Make sure you are very strict, no cc and you will see a difference if this is your problem. I know it's different for everyone. Since you're sharing a kitchen, It would be easier to just stick to whole foods- plain lean meats, fruits, vegetables. There is so much chance for cc when you share a kitchen. See if that works for you. Don't eat out and don't eat nything you did not prepare. No wheat, oats, barley, malt or rye. Let us know how you did!

Yeah, for the 2 weeks, I didn't eat out and I only prepared whole foods. I only used the stainless steel cookwear and bought myself new plastic utensils. I was very strict about it but like I said, within the 2 weeks I saw absolutely no change.

and you checked your meds, cosmetics, etc?

After two days I noticed a HUGE difference. But as you said everyone is different. I know some people that did not see any improvements for two months.

Have you considered another food intolerance, such as diary?