BRUMI1968

Fda Notice Bryers Ice Cream Undeclared Wheat.

Rate this topic

Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Wheat in a Limited Number of Tubs of Breyers

Thanks for the heads up. If I open a container of Double Chocolate and instead find Cookies & Cream, I'll know what happened. :o

best regards, lm

Unilever Issues Allergy Alert on Wheat in a Limited Number of Tubs of Breyers

Can someone help me out with Breyer's ice cream. Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere.

For the most part is Breyer's ice cream gluten free? Like the basic flavors at least (vanilla, chocolate). I've seen that "Breyer's All Natural Ice Cream" is gluten free. Is this the same thing as just their standard ice cream? Or is this a separate 'line' of theirs? (For example, a low-fat breyers line or something). I assumed that the All Natural was something special, but after trying to figure it out online again, I'm beginning to think that all their ice cream is branded as "all natural". That's just part of their brand/title, not a separate series of flavors or something. I'm asking because where I work, the standard ice cream they use for shindigs is Breyer's, and I always avoid it thinking I can't have it, but now I'm wondering if I can.

Thanks. And this doesn't have to do with the recall for the mint/cookie dough thing, I just tried to find a recent thread about Breyer's.

I'm familiar with Bryer's vanilla, strawberry, and peach. I believe those are safe, and I haven't experienced any symptoms from having them. I think chocolate is gluten-free too. Since celiac diagnosis, I haven't tried other flavors of Bryer's. Read the ingredient list to be sure.

Aside from the specific recall flavor, Breyer's Ice Cream is owned by Unilever. Their policy is to disclose all forms of gluten on their label. All you have to do is read the ingredient listing. If you don't see wheat, barley, malt or rye it's not in there.

Thanks you two. I did read the label last time and there was no wheat, barely, malt or rye. But again, I had it in my head that it wasn't safe for some reason (that only a special type of breyer' was safe), so I figured there was some gluten hidden in the 'natural flavors' or something along those lines. The only flavors they usually have at work are vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. So yay, maybe next time I can actually participate in the little shindig and eat some ice cream instead of just standing around like a doofus.