Glamour

Good Dermatologist In Atlanta

Rate this topic

Mine from 2 years ago diagnosed as everything under the sun, but DH.

Nothing has helped my skin.

I am willing to start over with a new doctor.

Mine from 2 years ago diagnosed as everything under the sun, but DH.

Nothing has helped my skin.

I am willing to start over with a new doctor.

My DH was discovered by the Physician Assistant Sheila Mayo in the Dermatology dept. at Emory Clinic - Clifton Road. She works under Dr. Michael Sarradet. Dr. Jamie MacKelfresh also in the same Derm. dept. specializes in DH and she's the one who read my biopsies and diagnosed the DH. It can be tough to get an appt. with the doctors but you can get in pretty quickly to see Sheila. That's good because while you are there, she can call in the doctors to consult. So you see the doctor just not exclusively - this is a nice way to jump the line, so to speak. I owe these doctors a lot because it never occurred to me the rash was anything like celiac. I thought I had a severe allergy but couldn't figure out to what. I never would have thought to ask for a biopsy, except I was concerned about family history of carcinomas. It's weird. It was good to be there, too, because then I went over to GI and Dr. Keilin did the GI biopsy and endoscopic exam and the blood tests and here I am, confirmed with celiac disease and working on healing.

Good luck!