Swimmr

Woodchuck Draft Cider

Rate this topic

Ok,

I have had to cut out alot...and reading that Captain Morgan's products are safe, my husband and I ran across a Draft Cider that has printed on the label, "Naturally Gluten Free"

I've seen alot of hard cider's that in fact ARE not. I picked up a 6-pack with out any hesitation.

However I remember reading on Anheiser Busch's website that their beer is gluten free but not wheat free. How that is possible is beyond me.

Tonight sitting watching the Angels vs Yankees that came to mind. I said something to the hubby and he said I might should look it up.

So I did.

This is what is plainly stated ON their home page:

"All varieties of Woodchuck are naturally gluten free. Since Woodchuck has always

However I remember reading on Anheiser Busch's website that their beer is gluten free but not wheat free. How that is possible is beyond me.

Redbridge (by Anheuser-Busch) is made without wheat. I just had it for the first time last night and I give it two enthusiastically drunk thumbs up.

"Redbridge is made without wheat or barley, so the approximately 3.2 million consumers who are unable to drink beer made with barley due to Celiac Disease or because they follow a wheat-free or gluten-free diet can once again enjoy a great tasting beer. "

I'm hoping I can find that cider somewhere near me!

Which ciders have you found that are not gluten-free? My experience (in the U.S.) has been that most are gluten-free.

richard

Woodchuck is really good - especially the one with the orange label (I think the one with the green label is just a touch too sweet). And there is a bar near me that has it on draft! It is definitely worth checking out.

Which ciders have you found that are not gluten-free? My experience (in the U.S.) has been that most are gluten-free.

richard

I can't remember off the top of my head. There is a hard cider that is sold at my local Food Lion and I looked it up and was NOT gluten free. Next time I'm at the store I'll be sure to find it and post it.

I thought it odd that it was considered a cider, but wasn't processed ONLY from apples like Woodchuck.

there was a post about it. click here

I can't find any info that's definite. But, I don't see any info saying it is NOT gluten-free, soooo...in that case I treat it as not safe.

Woodchuck though DOES guarantee all their cider's are gluten-free...and are made in a gluten-free facility. That to me is safe :)

I can't find any info that's definite. But, I don't see any info saying it is NOT gluten-free, soooo...in that case I treat it as not safe.

Woodchuck though DOES guarantee all their cider's are gluten-free...and are made in a gluten-free facility. That to me is safe :)

Hornsby ciders are gluten free. If you click on the link that you provided you can see the statement from the company. That said, I do like Woodchucks better, FWIW, but the green-labelled ones are the green apple ones and taste the tartest (at least to me). Incidentally, they also have six flavors now: red apple, green apple, dark & dry, pear, raspberry and a fall flavor with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Margaret

Hornsby has now confirmed that their cider is gluten-free. I really can't think of a hard cider that isn't gluten-free.

richard

I am going to give a half assed answer but I do recall a cider not being gluten-free. Can't remember the brand but I am pretty sure it was only a certian variety that was not gluten-free and the others were ok.

I believe it was a "draft" variety that came in a bottle that was no good.

Original Sin is another I have had that is gluten-free and was good.