SLB5757

Starbucks Via Ready Brew Singles

Rate this topic

Hello all!

Just a quick question for the board this morning :)

Does anyone know if the new Starbucks VIA Ready Brew singles are gluten-free? I know some instant coffee is not. The box says that it contains Arabic coffee - it does not list other ingredients. I tried a search of this website for Starbuck VIA but didn't have any luck. I though that since they are individually packaged they wouldn't really even run a risk of any kind of CC from any other item at Starbucks either. Just curious.

Thanks!

Hello all!

Just a quick question for the board this morning :)

Does anyone know if the new Starbucks VIA Ready Brew singles are gluten-free? I know some instant coffee is not. The box says that it contains Arabic coffee - it does not list other ingredients. I tried a search of this website for Starbuck VIA but didn't have any luck. I though that since they are individually packaged they wouldn't really even run a risk of any kind of CC from any other item at Starbucks either. Just curious.

Thanks!

I've had it with no problems--it's just coffee and nothing else. Can't wait for the decaf version to come out.

I haven't had problems with the regular via, but I started drinking the flavored cinnamon spice via about a week ago and instantly broke out with terrible canker sores, emailed the company to find out what "natural flavors" are, and havent' heard back. I'm fairly new to gluten free, and it didn't even register with me until I'd suffered for a few days! Doh! I know "flavored coffee" is on the list of stuff to watch out for.

Anna

I have the lightly sweetened iced coffee and haven't had any issues. The ingrediants are only sugar and microground arabic coffee. Seems safe to me! :D

The regular Via coffees (decaf and regular) are both straight coffee and gluten free. I was nervous about the flavored Via packets, but after carefully reading the ingredient list, I finally tried the Caramel Flavor. It's delish and I had no problems with it. Hearing about the cinnamon flavor, I will probably just stick to having the caramel version, because I know it's safe!

I'm just now starting to research which Starbucks drinks are gluten-free (harder than I thought!!!) because I've been diagnosed with Celiac for a year and a half now, and I'm getting tired of always sticking to plain tea or coffee when I go out!

I've also heard that I should watch out for the soy milk option in Canada - has anyone had a problem with it?