amberlynn

Feeling Dumb... Reese's Pb Cups?

Rate this topic

I SWEAR I read that the PB cups were gluten-free... but I ate a package the other day and wound up with a migraine. Intially, I was thinking the chocolate - but I made brownies w/ choc. chips and I'm fine... WTH? Any ideas?

I believe Reeses PB cups are gluten free, but there are a couple that have special shapes (like the small holiday bell shapes) that have gluten in them. Did you eat a 'normal' Reeses cup??

Yeah, they were normal. Shoot, I really hoped it wasn't the chocolate!

Can't eat reeses because of soy and the non fat milk powder (I am mildly lactose intolerant and milk powder is too much for me). Found out last christmas that the reese's bells have gluten....the hard way! If you were able to eat chocolate brownies then it must be something else! I like chocolate too...thank goodness for enjoy life chocolate!

I believe Reeses PB cups are gluten free, but there are a couple that have special shapes (like the small holiday bell shapes) that have gluten in them. Did you eat a 'normal' Reeses cup??

...which for some reason is so odd to me. I just make sure to only purchase the "non-holiday-ized" ones (and I haven't had a problem since).

Maybe it wasn't really the peanut butter cups but something else you eat that day or the day before without realizing. If it was just this one time that you had this reaction I'd wait and try them again in a few weeks. I just ate one this morning to see if I have a reaction since I'm one of the lucky super sensitive people.

or perhaps you are having issues with milk or nuts and don't know it yet?? Just a thought.