Frances03

Spices-what Brand Do You Use?

Rate this topic

and both of them have a list of gluten free spices, however they both pack their spices in a facility with items that do contain gluten, and while they both clean their lines periodically, neither of them test their "gluten free" spices for gluten at all. I know a bunch of people are going to get defensive and say they use this brand or that brand all the time with no troubles, and I'm really not trying to attack anyone's favorite brand of spice. I just wanted to know if there are any companies out there that do test, or that do have a gluten free facility. Thanks.

This is just my own experience--I can not use McCormick's Onion Powder at all. I've tried it several times, two different bottles. I do use their Garlic Powder, Cinnamon, and other "sweet" spices (ginger, ground clove, nutmeg, etc) without a problem.

It's hard to find spices that don't used shared lines. If anyone has discovered one, I'd also love to hear about it :)

I can not use McCormick's Onion Powder at all. I've tried it several times, two different bottles.

Funny you should mention that one Patti - my system doesn't care for McCormick onion powder and paprika. I don't have any problems with Szeged hot paprika though. I use Costco garlic powder. Coleman's ground mustard is a big no-no for me too.

mcphena, my guess is that there isn't a single brand that processes every spice in a dedicated factory. I think it would be very hard to do since spices come from all parts of the globe. It would be nice though :)

I use Costco garlic powder.

I do have a lot of spices from Costco. Maybe I'll try to call them and see what they say!