jststric

Follow-up ? To Sister-in-law That's Sick

Rate this topic

I recently posted that my sister-in-law has lost her job due to being really sick off/on so much since school started. I strongly urged her to look into celiacs or gluten-intolerance and she had already decided that wasn't her problem without much investigating. She said she had already eliminated "most grains" and that wasn't her problem. But her dr. had also kinda poo-poo'd the idea. Well, after further testing, they found that her gall bladder was very diseased and she had it removed a couple of weeks ago. She felt good for a few days and has begun feeling badly again for the past week, at least. Bad in the same sense as before. I feel I pushed the issue of Celiacs strongly before and I can't make her investigate it, so I left it in her hands. I was really hoping the gall bladder thing was the problem. I guess my question is......does anyone know if Celiacs or gluten-intolerances could damage a gall bladder like that? I'm thinking something ruined her gall bladder and if removing the gall bladder didn't fix her, then they need to be looking at what ruined her gall bladder, right? Does anyone know medical stuff enough to know an answer to this??

I don't have any medical answers for you. I just wanted to say that that is the path I went down years ago. I had a diseased gall bladder removed and hoped it would help all my problems but no. Two years ago I discovered the gluten-free diet and it changed everything for me. The doctors had no interest in knowing what caused my gallbladder to be diseased.

I think you have done the right thing. You told her and if she won't listen your hands are tied. She will have to find her own reason to believe. Just be there if she wants to come to you.

thank you. At least I have someone to point to that has had the exact same experience, should she be open to discussing it again. WHY DON'T DOCTORS IN THIS COUNTRY KNOW OR CARE ABOUT THIS STUFF????? It's VERY frustrating!!

It seems to me, after years of looking at posts on the board that many of us have had gallbladder issues. It also is known that a surgery, illness or severe physical or emotional stress can trigger the onset of celiac. Hopefully she will consider at least testing for it.