pufffee

Bloating- Supplements, Herbal, Vitamins Etc

Rate this topic

Hi

I have been searching and searching and a lot of supplements and articles I find seem to be focused around women and PMS and other issues I as a man do not have(sometime I think I get PMS lol), but I do have bloating and it is driving me nutz! I have heard peppermint oil(only one I have tried, did nothing), Magnesium, Astragalus root, Lemon Balm, etc.

What is anything are people taking and what are your results, thanks! I really hate going into GNC or Vitamin world and listening to a 20year old ramble about very expensive supplements where he gets a commission on and I still have no cure.

Gluten Free for one Month. When back to Gluten for one day, The only reaction I had was my stomach grew about 3+ inches almost within minutes and of course the Big D. Back to gluten-free

I don't really know of anything that helps the bloating except time and healing. For some it takes awhile for it to go down. It can also point to other sensitivities like dairy. Do you still eat dairy? You might want to take a vacation from it for a bit. You might be able to go back to it later after you heal some. You might be getting some sneaky gluten from another scource but I would lean more toward the dairy. Try it and see.

I don't really know of anything that helps the bloating except time and healing. For some it takes awhile for it to go down. It can also point to other sensitivities like dairy. Do you still eat dairy? You might want to take a vacation from it for a bit. You might be able to go back to it later after you heal some. You might be getting some sneaky gluten from another scource but I would lean more toward the dairy. Try it and see.

Thanks! I went on dairy free challenge, no dairy for 10 days then dairy on 11th. This whole time I was gluten-free as well. The 11th day I only noticed slight gurgling in the morning with coffee I drank that had milk. I assumed it was coffee more hte milk. Then I drank milk and ate cheese throughout day and stomach was fine. This whole time I still have bloating. not severe but enought to bother me. I experimented with gluten again for the first time in a month the other day and WOW my stomach must have grown 3+inches in just 10-15 mins. This has made me realize Gluten is the problem or at least is some sort of problem. My concerns are the every day bloating and the fact I have lost 12lbs in a month but my belly area is almost growing larger?

Try a probiotic. They can really really help once you find the right one. For me PB8 works the best. It's cheap as well which is nice. I had to try 2 or 3 different probiotics before I found the right one for me but it did make a big difference.

You can't expect immediate results with the bloating. You still have a damaged gut that is going to take a while to heal, and until you heal you are not going to be digesting food properly. As mentioned, probiotics can help, and so can digestive enzymes to help out your pancreas which many times has thrown its hands up in the air and said "I give up". I also used to use a lot of Gas-Ex to help get rid of the gassiness and bloating :)

Hi

I have been searching and searching and a lot of supplements and articles I find seem to be focused around women and PMS and other issues I as a man do not have(sometime I think I get PMS lol), but I do have bloating and it is driving me nutz! I have heard peppermint oil(only one I have tried, did nothing), Magnesium, Astragalus root, Lemon Balm, etc.

What is anything are people taking and what are your results, thanks! I really hate going into GNC or Vitamin world and listening to a 20year old ramble about very expensive supplements where he gets a commission on and I still have no cure.

Gluten Free for one Month. When back to Gluten for one day, The only reaction I had was my stomach grew about 3+ inches almost within minutes and of course the Big D. Back to gluten-free

My stomach used to do that too and I would say "I am pregnant and it's name is air!" :rolleyes: I find that walking for 20 to 30 minutes a day helps bloating.

I've had the bloating at times too. And a "full feeling." It was really bad when I was eating gluten. Now being gluten free for seven weeks it's better, but it seems like every time I eat an apple I get bloated again. So I'm thinking maybe i have a little intolerance with apples. So, for now they're off my menu.

The walking 30 mins a day helps me a lot, too. Also I started drinking "Plum Smart" fruit juice. It's gluten free -says right on the bottle. It has extra fiber in it & it seems like it really helps me digest everything a little easier.

Note: If you have "D" it might not be a good thing for you.

I have to go but some tonight since I'm out. I hope this helps. :)

Hi

Do yourself a favor and never walk into GN_. They know NOTHING. Go to a reputable Health store and make a list. YOU/I NEED PROBIOTICS- multi-culture pills. You/I have dysbiosis ( bad function of the tummy). You/I need something to calm down the intestinal tract- Royal Jelly. You/I need sub-lingual liquid B vitamins, multi-vitamins, Vit D topical magnesium (you/I can't take the oral pill right now), and yogurt, to correct the malnourished system. If you don't have a reputable healthfood store, try something like Bio-innovations, etc. They are top-notch. Works for me.

Do yourself a favor and never walk into GN_. They know NOTHING. Go to a reputable Health store and make a list. YOU/I NEED PROBIOTICS- multi-culture pills. You/I have dysbiosis ( bad function of the tummy). You/I need something to calm down the intestinal tract- Royal Jelly. You/I need sub-lingual liquid B vitamins, multi-vitamins, Vit D topical magnesium (you/I can't take the oral pill right now), and yogurt, to correct the malnourished system. If you don't have a reputable healthfood store, try something like Bio-innovations, etc. They are top-notch. Works for me.

Thanks everyone, I am gonna try PB8 I read about 75 testimonials on it and all were great! I also started taking Fennel Seed(only been almost a week, nothing has changed with stomach, but I have lot more energy!) I did tests for malnourishment of vitamins and I was fine which is dissappointing as bad as that seems. I wish something was off so I can blame it on that. I have heard good things about Magnesium and may try that to. I walk alot and drink alot of water so hope something works soon! Thanks

Thanks everyone, I am gonna try PB8 I read about 75 testimonials on it and all were great! I also started taking Fennel Seed(only been almost a week, nothing has changed with stomach, but I have lot more energy!) I did tests for malnourishment of vitamins and I was fine which is dissappointing as bad as that seems. I wish something was off so I can blame it on that. I have heard good things about Magnesium and may try that to. I walk alot and drink alot of water so hope something works soon! Thanks

I was going to suggest Fennel seed but you're already using it. You can try ginger too. If you want to try something a little more unusual and are able to find an Ethiopian store/food market, I would suggest coffee shell drink. When the beans are taken, the shells are used to make a different drink than coffee and it helps ease estomach pain and bloating. Also, it is good to drink that every time you have a little more food than supposed. Good luck.

I take Align, a probiotic, everyday. I started taking it back in May and tried going off it a few months later. However, as soon as I went off it, I started bloating up again pretty badly and had intense stomach pain. I have IBS, so it's really helped with my IBS symptoms related to other foods I eat. You might want to give it a try. Good luck!