Rate this topic

Saying I am bummed may sound strange but if I had celiacs it would mean I could easily treat and reverse damage that has been done. Now i'm back to square one. I guess since I tested very high for a milk allergy, and moderate for a gluten allergy I should still cut that from my diet. What are your opinions.

These are the results if anyone is interested

Endomysial antibody IgA - negative

T-transglutaminase (tTG) IgA 1 0-3 negative 4-10 weak positive >10 positive

immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 125 range 70-400

I'm so bummed, i just wanted an answer. I've had heartburn for the past 5 days now. Even getting it from just eating cereal.

Saying I am bummed may sound strange but if I had celiacs it would mean I could easily treat and reverse damage that has been done. Now i'm back to square one. I guess since I tested very high for a milk allergy, and moderate for a gluten allergy I should still cut that from my diet. What are your opinions.

These are the results if anyone is interested

Endomysial antibody IgA - negative

T-transglutaminase (tTG) IgA 1 0-3 negative 4-10 weak positive >10 positive

immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 125 range 70-400

I'm so bummed, i just wanted an answer. I've had heartburn for the past 5 days now. Even getting it from just eating cereal.

Just one question how did you test very high for milk allergy and moderate for gluten allergy?

Your celiac panel seems negative....but as we know many of us test negative....

I would go gluten free and dairy free and see what happens. The truest 'test' is the diet followed strictly.

I would go gluten free and dairy free and see what happens. The truest 'test' is the diet followed strictly.

I agree ....sounds like good advice....Go gluten free and see what happens....

Your tests look incomplete to me. I don't see a total IGA there at all. So I would agree with the above advice. Go gluten-free now and your progress will be your answer. Remember testing isn't all it's cracked up to be for celiac disease at this time. Some folks who test like you do slip between the cracks when they really are sick. The only way to know is to eat gluten-free!!

Just one question how did you test very high for milk allergy and moderate for gluten allergy?

Your celiac panel seems negative....but as we know many of us test negative....

they did a complete allergy blood test.

My milk antibodies had no number just >99.99 and anything over 80 is antibodies. I don't have immediate reactions though, just rashes that show up. I'm wondering if its an IgG allergy. Gluten tested for a class 3 allergy along with peanuts and garlic.

The biggest problem will be affording gluten free food to try this.

Sure processed gluten-free food is expensive, but it's best to go natural when transitioning to gluten-free. Many foods are naturally gluten-free- fruits, veg, nuts, lean protein. Most gluten-free breads and sweets are higher calorie/fat than their glutenous counterparts. It doesnt have to cost you an arm and a leg, and you might feel lots better. Give it a shot :D

I noticed that you didn't mention any anti-gliadin antibodies, either IgG or IgA.

Anti-Gliadin IgG is considered a sensitive indicator, but it is also not considered very specific. Meaning it potentially could be positive in the absence of celiac disease.

In my humble opinion, that is because A) the accepted diagnostic criteria for celiacs is antibodies present + positive biopsies and B) because the concept of Non Celiac gluten intolerance as its own disease entity isn't well recognized.

If you read this board long enough you will find folks whose only positive test is an antigliadin antibody, but who respond positively to the diet.

Give a dairy free, gluten free diet a go, and see what happens.

I noticed that you didn't mention any anti-gliadin antibodies, either IgG or IgA.

Anti-Gliadin IgG is considered a sensitive indicator, but it is also not considered very specific. Meaning it potentially could be positive in the absence of celiac disease.

In my humble opinion, that is because A) the accepted diagnostic criteria for celiacs is antibodies present + positive biopsies and B) because the concept of Non Celiac gluten intolerance as its own disease entity isn't well recognized.

If you read this board long enough you will find folks whose only positive test is an antigliadin antibody, but who respond positively to the diet.

Give a dairy free, gluten free diet a go, and see what happens.

Yea I don't know why only 3 things were tested for celiacs. I might order the take at home test.. I think its called biochard? Guess all my eating habits are about to change. Ohh this is going to be hard! haha but i am looking forward to it.