Rate this topic

Hello everybody. My name is Emily and I am 17 years old. Unfortunently I have stupid Celiac Disease. I'm a nice person unless I have a reason not to be, lol. I love all good people and I do not judge them. If there is anything else you would like to know about me, please ask. :)

Hello everybody. My name is Emily and I am 17 years old. Unfortunently I have stupid Celiac Disease. I'm a nice person unless I have a reason not to be, lol. I love all good people and I do not judge them. If there is anything else you would like to know about me, please ask. :)

Hi Emily,

Glad to have you with us. :D

Hi Emily :)

You will find a lot of good people here. How long since you've been diagnosed?

Hi Emily....Welcome you will find us very friendly!

Hi Emily, Welcome to our family :)

I have 2 daughters, 18 and the oldest will be 21 next week. We have been gluten-free for more than a year (not Celiac). Both girls have completely different reactions to gluten. Yes it's a pain to be gluten-free at your age.

I try to make the girls whatever I can to make their life easier. I bake/cook and freeze foods for them. I don't see them much b/c they moved out and are now living together. The big city where they live has all those gluten places but they have learned to manage. When they have a "need" I head for the kitchen or this forum to come up with something. Just today my oldest asked me if I could bake her a birthday cake next week, she said she hasn't had cake in a long time. She forgot that I just made her brownies and 2 kinds of muffins. But yes she will have a birthday cake!

Please ask lots of questions and we will all help you! The beginning is hard but it gets easier. Don't deprive yourself of yummy things...just learn how to make things differently. One thing we learned is that they eat alot less chemically filled, prepacked junk...it's not real food. They eat healthier than before. That is a plus ;)