waitingdorothea

Holiday Travel To San Luis Obispo And Fresno / Clovis

Rate this topic

Can anyone recommend restaurants in San Luis Obispo or the Fresno / Clovis area? I'm headed there for Christmas, which is my first trip home and to the in-laws after my diagnosis...thankfully, family will be good about cooking for/with me, but I know they'll want to go out at least once in each location. Advice will be helpful. Thanks!

Dingogirl (Susie) is a much-loved member here who has lived in Clovis for some time. You could send her a PM.......I know that she would be more than happy to tell you where to go when you are there. Perhaps you could meet her - - I know I would love to! :)

Dingogirl (Susie) is a much-loved member here who has lived in Clovis for some time. You could send her a PM.......I know that she would be more than happy to tell you where to go when you are there. Perhaps you could meet her - - I know I would love to! :)

As soon as I saw this thread, I came on to post the same thing! :D I'm sure Susie can give you some good advice!

HI!! <waving hand wildly> I am here!!! :) (my lovely, silly friends would have wrangled me had I not shown up! ;) )

Yes, I live in Clovis, and was raised in Fresno (the next town over). Just got back from dinner at PF Chang's, highly recommend that....they treat celiacs well.

I have other ideas also! Please fell free to pick my brain, either here or by private message, I"m happy to help!

:)

Susie,

Sorry it took me a few days to loop back. Would you mind giving me two or three places that you like going to the best and have had good experiences at? I am still pretty new to this and have had some bad experiences at restaurants, so places that have been test driven and have reasonably knowledgable staff (or where I have one or two dishes that I know to ask about) are a huge plus.

I am excited to hear that there is a PF Chang's, and I believe that there is also a Pizza Fushion in the area, but other than that I am clueless.

Thanks,

Joy