Wolicki

My Muffins Fell Apart!

Rate this topic

So I had my first gluten-free baking extravaganza yesterday to keep us with my boys' appetites. most things turned out great. I made the banana bread recipe from the back of the Arrowhead Mills gluten-free all purpsose baking mix box. I decided that muffins would be better for my boys. I made the recipe as stated, and just put it in muffin tins, and cooked for 20 minutes instead of the 45 called for on the bread instructions. They were golden brown, but not overdone when I took them out of the oven.

My youngest took a bite this am and it almost disintegrate! Thankfully he thought it was great and ate it with a fork and scooped up the crumbs :D ANy ideas on what I did wrong, or do bread recipes just not translate to muffins? I've never been a baker, just savory stuff. Not feelin so much like Betty Crocker today :(

Interesting thought. I will be making banana bread this week. Maybe I should make an extra batch and try it as muffins. I just use my aunt's old recipe except using gluten free flour.

gluten-free Baking can be tricky ...don't give up! I have had better luck following the recipes in Cookbooks like Easy Gluten Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone and Gluten Free Baking Classics by Analise G Roberts...they have been pretty no fail...after MANY flops! LOL :P

Hang in there Betty and don't give up! :D

I went to their site to read the ingredients on the box. Xanthan gum is not listed...did you add any to your recipe? Xanthan gum is the sticky stuff to replace the "glue" in gluten...is the way I describe it :lol:

I wonder how many flops Betty Crocker had??

I went to their site to read the ingredients on the box. Xanthan gum is not listed...did you add any to your recipe? Xanthan gum is the sticky stuff to replace the "glue" in gluten...is the way I describe it :lol:

I was wondering the same thing...whether the Xanthan Gum had been left out...

Why just today I tried to use my Namaste Perfect Flour Blend in my old Blueberry Bread recipe and it was not the same...Now I know that Namaste Flour Blend has Xanthan Gum in it...but sometimes when you try to just substitute a flour blend with an old "gluten" recipe it just does not come out...so I had a flop too! :P

Those cookies that you have for your picture look very good! Did you bake those or is that a picture you picked up from a website?

Those cookies that you have for your picture look very good! Did you bake those or is that a picture you picked up from a website?

Its an original Tollhouse cookie pic my dd helped me find. I have a great recipe but I don't take the time to perfectly position every chip and nut on top of each cookie like they do! :blink::lol: