twe0708

Bread Maker

Rate this topic

What is the best bread maker out there for baking or which pans are better to use for baking bread. Going to try baking my own bread and need some guidance. Thanks!

I Love my zojrushi. It makes a normal loaf of bread , is a workhorse that can handle a gluten-free dough, 2 paddles for better mixing. .hth

mamaw

What is the best bread maker out there for baking or which pans are better to use for baking bread. Going to try baking my own bread and need some guidance. Thanks!

Is there a difference is a bread maker vs. a pan/oven? I see the bread maker is over $200 and I don't have a problem spending this kind of money but if I can get the same results in an oven then why not go that way.

I haven't baked anything gluten free yet, but when I used to bake regular bread, I preferred the bread machine to make the dough and a regular pan to bake it in my oven. Sometimes I would do the entire thing myself from scratch, but with 3 boys and a husband, I didn't always have time to do all that with the rising and the punching down and all that. That is when the bread machine came in handy, it does all the mixing and punching down for you! Now, if I had that really nice $200 machine mentioned, I would probably have let it bake for me too, however my machine was somewhat cheap and I didn't like the pan shape, so I just baked it myself. Now I'll have to learn all over again with gluten free breads.

Gluten free breads are not as much of a hassle and don't take as long as gluten, because there is only one rise--no punching down!. They say to use the grey nonstick loaf pans rather than the black is you are baking in the oven because the black tends to give a higher temp. Just my two cents worth.

I work full time, so having a bread maker really helps. I just put in the ingredients, leave for work, and take out the loaf when I get home. I can use the same recipe, or mix I used in the oven, and it comes out just about the same. I'm not sure heating up the oven, and in the summer, my kitchen off sets the cost of running my breadmaker.