cat3883

One Year Checkup

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a year ago by bloodwork and biopsy. I was very ill. I could hardly function with daily activities. Finally I found an excellent family physician that tested me through bloodwork. He sent me to a very good gastroenterologist. Well to make a long story short I now feel like a million bucks. One year ago my tgg level was 63. Today it is at 4. That's right I said 4. I have not cheated once in the year I have been gluten free. And I never will. I was one of those patients that gained weight. In the last 6 months I have lost 21 pounds. The brain fog and migraines are history. Please Please Please follow the gluten free diet if you have celiac disease. It is well worth it. I turned 50 in August but I feel like I am 30. Actually I feel better than I did at 30. Life is good. Thanks for letting me share this with you.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a year ago by bloodwork and biopsy. I was very ill. I could hardly function with daily activities. Finally I found an excellent family physician that tested me through bloodwork. He sent me to a very good gastroenterologist. Well to make a long story short I now feel like a million bucks. One year ago my tgg level was 63. Today it is at 4. That's right I said 4. I have not cheated once in the year I have been gluten free. And I never will. I was one of those patients that gained weight. In the last 6 months I have lost 21 pounds. The brain fog and migraines are history. Please Please Please follow the gluten free diet if you have celiac disease. It is well worth it. I turned 50 in August but I feel like I am 30. Actually I feel better than I did at 30. Life is good. Thanks for letting me share this with you.

Are you my twin? :P Your experience was identical to mine, only I was one of those malnourished, 97 pound Celiacs. My tTg was over 200 at diagnosis and now it is in the normal range. Not as low as yours but I have other autoimmune conditions which affect my tTg level. I also turned 50 this year and feel better than I did at 30. Still have other issues because of multiple autoimmune diseases but overall, my gut couldn't feel any better. It's been almost 5 years for me and I almost forget how sick I was......not totally but it is a distant memory.

Good luck to you and I wish you a long, happy and healthy gluten-free life! :D

I dx'd myself right before my 50th birthday and I agree with you both, I tell everyone that I feel better than I have in 20 years! I feel like I'm aging backwards and getting younger every day!