Rate this topic

My son's been gluten free for one week (nothing to those doing it for much longer!). He's doing great. Asking if he can have food and not feeling down about it at all if he can't (he's four). He's been chowing all the gluten-free alternatives so far. His younger brother is getting kind of miffed because he can't have the $$$ cereal! :) We had to deal with Halloween - there's still way too much candy that's safe! And a preschool party. My husband went to a gluten-free bakery and picked up a sugar cookie for him. He was happy. Physically he never got extremely ill from gluten but I have noticed a few things from a week. One is I can't remember the last time he had diarrhea (it's been a few days, wonder of wonders!). He seems a little bit more peppy. Time will tell with this one. The last thing I noticed was day 2 and 3 of being gluten free he was a bear but thankfully he's not as emotional now. He still is moody but it's not as drastic as those two days.

For me it's been ok. But grocery shopping isn't easy. It's not really about reading the labels. It's more about dealing with three kids (4, 2 and 4 months) while trying to read labels, lol! It's just as bad going with my husband who helps with the kids but then we have to deal with weekend crowds. So mostly I'm trying to keep foods simple and working on rebuilding my recipes. Oh, and the paranoia thing set in on the way home from school and my son said he had a stomache. I guess that'll never go away completely.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

It's nice to hear things are going well. It sounds like he has had quite a bit of improvement already and you are all coping well. I hope it continues for you.

Welcome! Your son is so lucky to have a Mom who takes such good care of him!