lovemyboy

Gluten Now In Maple Leaf Top Dogs

Rate this topic

I can't believe it Maple Leaf added wheat Gluten to the Top Dogs as of late summer everyone in Canada beware because these now contain gluten. Everyone should call and tell them how unhappy they are about this, I called today and they said that they have already recieved a few calls.

I can't believe it Maple Leaf added wheat Gluten to the Top Dogs as of late summer everyone in Canada beware because these now contain gluten. Everyone should call and tell them how unhappy they are about this, I called today and they said that they have already recieved a few calls.

The Kraft new Ceaser Soald dressing now has wheat as well. Sad.

What the?! Ironic really, because last week I was talking to a dad on my son's hockey team about how I'd had to send a letter to Nestle complaining about the "may contain" on Carnation Hot Chocolate that suddenly appeared last month. I said to the dad, who works at Maple Leaf, that Top Dogs was our hot dog of choice and in fact, the only hot dog I'd found and that they'd better not change the formulations or I'd have to send them an email as well.

He made some comment about how if it's made in a facility blah blah CYA. I replied that a "may contain" statement means it might be in the product and so the product is off limits. If it says "made in a facility with wheat products" then presumably it is either run on different lines or cleaned thoroughly between runs or it would say may contain. I'm not sure what exactly his job is with Maple Leaf but I thought that was a naive statement for him to make. <_<

Re: the Caesar dressing, try Renee's Mighty Caesar. It's awesome. It's in the produce section near the bagged salads.