realestatemom

Looks Like I Have Celiac Disease...... Advice?

Rate this topic

I believe I've been misdiagnosed for years. I began having problems with my toes 16 years ago. I had extreme itching, lost toe nails, etc. Doctors said runners feet, fungus, yeast, then said Dermatitis. Feeling defeated, I gave up but continued changing my environment trying to make it better. I've changed soaps, shampoo's, detergents, flooring, footwear, etc.

In the mean time, I had 2 miscarriages and my youngest child has Down syndrome. I have anemia, migraines and chronic fatigue. I had partial hysterectomy due to a large fibroid, I have lived with constipation and flatulence all my life and I get terrible stomach cramps during and after some meals causing me to have to leave important or celebratory functions because of the pain. I have a fabulous, supportive husband but I have no sex drive and I am on meds for depression, anxiety and adult ADD.

All that and my toes are worse than ever, they now turn corpse purple if I'm standing or sitting and the skin is so thin that it I stub one, it explodes like a water balloon or peels like a banana.

At the beginning of the year my husband urged me to seek medical advice again, fearing that I might lose my toes (they look as if I have diabetes but I don't and they do heal very quickly). Under his persistance I begrudgingly set out on my search for answers. First, to the Dermatologist who said

Welcome, I think your plan to make your house gluten free is a good one. I am glad they were finally able to diagnose you. The best way to start is with whole unprocessed foods. There are many good gluten free products out there so if your craving anything don't hesitate to ask if there is a replacement or recipe that will be safe. Read as much as you can here and ask anything you need to. I could be wrong but you may find those purple toes resolve. My entire arms and legs were covered in purple blotches before I was diagnosed. The doctors called it livedo reticularis but shrugged their shoulders when I asked what it was from. With all my other issues at diagnosis being purple was the least of it. LOL It went away surprisingly quickly.

I hope you heal quickly.

Welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you finally have a DX. I'm hoping you get all the relief you can. I have seen tremendous improvement in my feet after 2 yrs on the GFD. They were not nearly as bad as you describe though. Good luck!