Rate this topic

Another one of my symptoms that I have periodically. For a few weeks now every time I lean my head back I get dizzy but the today I'm just plain dizzy. Not vertigo, just dizzy. It happens every now and again and when it does it goes on for a couple of weeks. Sometimes it's only when I lay down. Strange, right? Possibly related to anemia? I know dizziness is a super vague symptom and is caused by so many different things.

I get giddy days...

Check for Reactive HypoGlycemia . You eat and an hour or so later you react by becoming hypoglycemic. gluten-free food is high in carbs. Try increasing protein at every meal and eat every 2 - 3 hours.

Check for aldosterone deficiency / adrenal fatigue. Does salt ( eaten/ on food/ as a salt drink ) help ?

Check blood pressure. Take BP when seated and then after standing up. Is there is a significant drop ?

Check with chiropractor. Maybe a pinched nerve ?

My dizziness is all of the above and I balance it daily. I have a tablet now for aldosterone deficiency and that works wonders. Good luck!

I also get that sensation but more vertigo...due to head positioning...I have Benign Positional Vertigo or BPV

i start off feeling dizzy and disoriented, then i get lightheaded, and sometimes I pass out. Went to the doctor about it and apparently girls my age "just do that sometimes". Thanks, doc. I don't know what to do about it as i am very active and it would be extremely dangerous for me to pass out while horseback riding, especially since I work with young, untrained horses. If you find anything that helps, let me know.

For a while I thought it was related to meds I was taking. A couple of years ago when it started my (complete idiot) doctor had me on a high dosage of Effexor. Now I've just stopped taking BusPar and I'm back to dizziness. I'm also wondering if it's related to my seasonal allergies because the last couple of days I've felt really heavy headed, but no sinus symptoms like I should normally have. Yesterday my eyes were darker than I've seen in years. I've only had vertigo twice and it was several years ago when I was under serious stress.

One more thing to consider is B12 deficiency--dizziness is at the top of the list of symptoms.