frogrun

Diabetes Insipidus

Rate this topic

Does anyone have experience with Diabetes Insipidus? I

My mom is having the same exact symptoms. I began to suspect Diabetes because she's having the 3 P's: Polyuria, Polyphagia, and Polydipsia. But, it's the same thing, everytime they check her blood sugar levels, it's normal. She's been on and off sick lately and I highly doubt she has been glutened. I didn't think of Diabetes Insipidus though, but that is a good suggestion. We have an appointment with an endocrinologist on Wednesday, I definitely think something is wrong with her sugar levels and she has a lot of similar symptoms. So, I don't have too much help to offer now, but hopefully the endocrinologist can help us discover the root of this, and if it is DI, I will be more than happy to tell you what our doctor suggests.

I know Diabetics are usually on a high fiber diet, and with being Celiac, it doesn't leave alot of options to get the fiber you need. So I would recommend fiber supplements if you aren't already on them, or uptake your brown rice and bean consumption. I know Konsyl fiber supplements are gluten free and you can find them usually at any store, walgreens, walmart, etc.

Again, I hope I can have more helpful information after Wednesday.

OK totally ignore my previous post, I was displaying my ignorance between DM and DI. Well my mom did have DI, but it was medication related, she stopped taking the meds and we noticed a difference within DAYS. So I dunno if you are taking any meds, my mom was on PPI's for her Barretts and now she obviously cannot take them so we are looking into surgry.

Anyways, other forms of DI can be treated. The endocrinologist told me there are 4 different types of DI and two of them can be treated with medicines, you just have to get your urine tested to see how concentrated it is and go from there.