amberlynn

My Conditioner Might Be Making Me Sick...

Rate this topic

It's the ONLY thing I can track it down to! My conditioner. I wash my hair every other day, and every other day I feel 'funny'. One day I left it on really long, and wound up thinking it was going to the store or kissing my hubby! I've been keeping track of all the I use, and just today realized the trend. It's one of the first few ingredients for Pete's sake (wheat {gluten}). It's a 'natural' conditioner. I have problems with a lot of chemicals, so now I don't know what to do! Anyone use a natural conditioner? Or should I just forget about it. My shampoo appears to be fine...

TIA...

I use Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. Most, if not all of their hair products are gluten-free. I like the 50/50 ones and the Smooth As Silk. I get them at my local grocery store in the "natural living" section. Whole Foods has it too.

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

<Click on the "Organic" line>

Funny how such a little thing can produce such drastic results. I have to watch everything I use also. Burts Bees products are suppose to be pretty good.

Funny how such a little thing can produce such drastic results. I have to watch everything I use also. Burts Bees products are suppose to be pretty good.

Yeah, I'm one that beyond a doubt was glutened by hair products....more than once. It's harder to find a "natural" conditioner without wheat--the shampoos are a little bit easier. I'm very happy with the Giovanni.

Thank you very much ;). I'll have to look into getting some of that!

I haven't checked lately, but a year ago Garnier Fructis said all their shampoos and conditioners were gluten free.

There are lots of good ones out there, but I love the Giovanni too!

You have to read the labels on all Burt's Bees products as some contain gluten and some don't.

I believe Garnier will list gluten. I use a lot of Neutrogena and L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners and they too will clearly list gluten. I love the L'Oreal EverPure no sulfates conditioner- I use the rosemary and mint one.

Patti's right- conditioner is the hard part!

I love the L'Oreal EverPure no sulfates conditioner- I use the rosemary and mint one.

I want to try this brand too sometime. I asked them about the vitamin E in the EverPure--they researched it and told me it was gluten-free. It's derived from soy.

Rosemary and Mint sounds nice :D

I am so jealous of all you Giovanni users! I loved their shampoos and conditioners especially the Smooth as Silk conditioner. Unfortunately my soy allergy forced me to stop using them. :angry:

I have been using the Shikai line the last couple weeks and it is a good one also. I tried the California Baby but the conditioner seemed 'heavy' to me and not worth the expense.

I have also used the Garneir line and they were nice but I wanted something different. I use the Garnier Hair Color also with good results.

I am so jealous of all you Giovanni users! I loved their shampoos and conditioners especially the Smooth as Silk conditioner. Unfortunately my soy allergy forced me to stop using them. :angry:

I have been using the Shikai line the last couple weeks and it is a good one also. I tried the California Baby but the conditioner seemed 'heavy' to me and not worth the expense.

I have also used the Garneir line and they were nice but I wanted something different. I use the Garnier Hair Color also with good results.

I love the smell of the Shikai :rolleyes:

I've always used Loreal hair color (Feria or Natural Match) but I don't think the conditioner that comes with agrees with me. It's good to hear you like Garnier, Ravenwood. I think next time I'm gonna try that.....looking at my roots, it will be soon :P

I know Garnier is very good about listing gluten--I use their Anti Humidity Smoothing Milk every day.

I do know the garnier fructis wavy hair shampoo and conditioner is gluten-free because I just called within the last couple weeks. I have been using it, but I dont know if I'm in love with it or not. My hair almost seems too soft and less curly than it used to be and just sort of hangs there. I want to try the Giovanni you all are talking about, where can you buy that? I cannot color my hair because my head breaks out in blisters and my face swells up :( So now I guess I am just going gray.

I do know the garnier fructis wavy hair shampoo and conditioner is gluten-free because I just called within the last couple weeks. I have been using it, but I dont know if I'm in love with it or not. My hair almost seems too soft and less curly than it used to be and just sort of hangs there. I want to try the Giovanni you all are talking about, where can you buy that? I cannot color my hair because my head breaks out in blisters and my face swells up :( So now I guess I am just going gray.

I used to get Giovanni in the Natural Food section of Wegmans or at my local Health food store.

I stopped coloring my hair for a long time but after I hadn't had a DH outbreak (which in me causes blisters on my scalp and elsewhere) but I found this stuff called Herbatint at the health food store. It worked pretty well for me and I liked that you can just mix what you need and save the rest. I used that for a while. I switched to the Garneir a few months ago after calling to see if they use soy since I knew already that it was gluten free. It works well with no scalp itchiness that I get from soy in shampoos or other products. When you have throughly healed you may want to try one of the two but do make sure to do a patch test and wait 3 days before you color in case you react.