dan_edward

Stomach Ache After Glutened

Rate this topic

I'd like to share my experience here,

I've had a few accidental bday cakes about 2weeks ago, then.... I started to have fever after few days and

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease about a week ago. I wonder if it's normal.

Cos I've never had it before going gluten-free, I started gluten-free diet about 8months ago,

this is the first time for me to have cake in 8months and I've never thought it'd be that bad.

sigh....I'd not let it happen again...but I do wanna know if anyone has the same exp as mine.

I really don't know what to do right now...I mean who would have thought I'd still feeling sick after 2 weeks....

Please advise. Thanks

I'd like to share my experience here,

I've had a few accidental bday cakes about 2weeks ago, then.... I started to have fever after few days and

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease about a week ago. I wonder if it's normal.

Cos I've never had it before going gluten-free, I started gluten-free diet about 8months ago,

this is the first time for me to have cake in 8months and I've never thought it'd be that bad.

sigh....I'd not let it happen again...but I do wanna know if anyone has the same exp as mine.

I really don't know what to do right now...I mean who would have thought I'd still feeling sick after 2 weeks....

Please advise. Thanks

I realize this is a month after your post...you ate REGULAR cake? If you have gluten intolerance/celiac then you can't do that! When I first went gluten free-YEARS ago and got into something accidently, even a crumb, I was sick for months, literally. Find gluten free alternatives and stick to it. Every time you expose yourself to gluten, if you truly have celiac, you are increasing your chance of getting stomach cancer..and other things. You need to take care of yourself.

Are you feeling better now?

And ummm..how do you have "accidental" birthday cakes?? :blink:

I'm not diagnosed celiac disease but after going gluten free and then eating gluten, my symptoms seemed to be more severe then before and I wondered why it took so many years for me to consider this ailment.

I think maybe when eating gluten all the time we might feel so cruddy already, that we don't notice another hit, but when the body feels good and defenses are down, the symptoms feel more severe.

Just my 2 cents