teraza

Help With Enterlab Results

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

New here. I noticed some issues with gluten after I realized my baby daughter would get terrible diaper rash from gluten. So i took it out of her diet and she did a lot better. Then I realized my little boy responded negatively to gluten. I took the plunge myself and went gluten free (about a year ago). I did not noticed BIG differences going gluten free other than: less stomach ache, no more constipation and better sleep/calmer mood. I guess those are big. But the biggest thing I noticed was when I HAD gluten after being gluten free i felt awful and got very constipated.

So, I am currently pregnant with #3 and decided it was a good thing to get myself tested.

I got my results yesterday and since you all are the experts I would like your opinions on it.

I see my IgAs are elevated so thats enough to go gluten free (although not high, but I have been glutenfree/low gluten for over a year now). My Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA is close to being positive, but again I have been low gluten.

The genes is what I am most curious about. What do those genes mean? Does anyone have any links for me. I see I have one celiac gene and one gluten sensitive. I know different genes can mean different things, but I can't seem to decode beyond that.

Would it be prudent now to test the kids?

Do I need to be dairy/soy free? Or are the low IgA's enough to say it is safe?

Thanks for any help

Here are my results:

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA: 14 Units

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA: 9 Units

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: Less than 300 Units

Fecal Anti-casein (cow