Alphawave

Very Elevated Crp

Rate this topic

Before I got a diagnosis, (from the antibodies), I had been having elevated c-reactive protein lab results. (Should be 0-o.5), mine had been 4-6. All of a sudden it went way up to 9.2, and I was feeling lousy. My GP suspected Celiacs when he saw that result, of course the antibodies confirmed. I have been gluten free since oct. 7th, and I am hoping the CRP level will drop when they re-test at 6 months.

Anyone else have an elevated CRP? How long did it take to reduce? Did it ever become normal?

Thanks!

My CRP has been outrageously high for several years, as high as 88 :o at one point. After going gluten free I managed to get it down to 21, but it was not until I started the Humira injections for my psoriatic arthritis that I got it down to less than five. That was just under a year ago, and it has stayed there, thank goodness.

Before I got a diagnosis, (from the antibodies), I had been having elevated c-reactive protein lab results. (Should be 0-o.5), mine had been 4-6. All of a sudden it went way up to 9.2, and I was feeling lousy. My GP suspected Celiacs when he saw that result, of course the antibodies confirmed. I have been gluten free since oct. 7th, and I am hoping the CRP level will drop when they re-test at 6 months.

Anyone else have an elevated CRP? How long did it take to reduce? Did it ever become normal?

Thanks!

My CRP has always been low and continues to be. blood test and biopsy confirmed my celiac. I'm not sure there is a connection between CRP and celiac. I would think that might be an indication of another auto-immune problem in addition to your celiac condition.