Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haleym

gluten-free In Milwaukee, Wi

Hello!

Im going to Milwaukee in December, so does anyone have any good restaurant/coffee shop tips for gluten free dining?

I heard that there is a huge gluten-free store there that is awesome, so I can look foreward to that :)

Thanks, guys!

Haley

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ah, used to live there and WANT TO GO BACK!!! The gluten-free store is new since I lived there but I have been back to visit and visited the store. It's a good one! I wasn't affected with my gluten issues till just after I moved away from there (thinking that may be the "trauma" that triggered my issues) so I'm sorry to say I don't know of specific great restaurants with gluten-free menus. There are alot of great restuarants there though!!! Water Street Brewery, downtown, is a really good place that I would THINK would be a good place to ask for special orders according to your needs. If I were you, I'd ask the ladies that work at the gluten-free store if they can recommend restaurants. Or better yet....google gluten-free menus in Milwaukee. In fact, I think I may do the same, so I can plan my next trip!! Have fun and say hi to the city for me!

wow, I did go straight to google and found this link and it looks like a great place! I have never heard of it, but its a great place to start. This was simply my first link, so googling may be a great source of research for you. Good luck!

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/dining/articles/glutenfree.html Read thru the article and it lists several restaurants with gluten-free menus. I know Saz's BBQ and Crawdaddy's. They are both WONDERFUL eateries. I also eat at a Bonefish Grill here in MI and it's very good too.