twe0708

Need Advice Now

Rate this topic

I am getting ready to make bread in a bread maker for the first time. Do I have to put the wet ingredients on the bottom (in first) or does it not matter?

It depends on the shape of the machine. Round pan models- dry ingredients first. Square upright or rectangular- wet ingredients first.

Usually the owners manual will tell you and give suggestions...

Thanks. Ugh...I forgot to add the zantham gum. :o Added it about 15 minutes into the kneading. Hope it turns out!

Might be OK...let us know how it turns out!

Homemaker - My bread has 20 minutes to go. Can I lift the lid to butter the top?

Homemaker - My bread has 20 minutes to go. Can I lift the lid to butter the top?

I am not sure...You could wait until its done...

I am not sure...You could wait until its done...

Ok...I will wait just to be on the safe side. I will take a picture and let you know how it tastes later. Thanks!

Thanks. Ugh...I forgot to add the zantham gum. :o Added it about 15 minutes into the kneading. Hope it turns out!

What flours did you end up using? Usually flour blends have their own Xanthan Gum in then already...But if you use plain gluten-free Flours then you need to add the Xanthan Gum

What flours did you end up using? Usually flour blends have their own Xanthan Gum in then already...But if you use plain gluten-free Flours then you need to add the Xanthan Gum

I just posted pictured on a new post called 1st Loaf of Bread. Please check it out and tell me what you think. I used Bob's Red Mill Flour mixes. This is the recipe nI found on this site: