missybean

Igg Test Results

Rate this topic

Well I finally broke down and have the IgG testing done for food allergies and I was right. I just goes to show if you really listen to your body it will tell you what you need to know....I thought I had a problem with eggs,soy and casein and I was right. Eggs I was highly reactive,soy moderate and casein was low to moderate. In addition to that there was about 5 other things that were in the low range that they told me I could do the rotation diet on. Just give my body a rest for a few weeks and then start introducing on thing at a time. I asked the doc why did this happen she said there was a couple of theories that stress,pregnancy or a virus can cause this to happen. All my problems started coming on after the birth of my daughter who is now 2 and I had had chronic hives, joint and muscle pain as well as many other things. I just went gluten free in September of 09 and have noticed a lot of improvement with that but was still having hives and some joint pain and some occasional diarrhea. I'm really thankful to this site for all the information people have giving me.If anyone else has experienced similar situation as to mine I would love to have any advice as to my journey ahead. I'm excited for the future and knowing that there is a really good chance if I avoid many of these things for 6 months to a year I will be able to add them back in. I hope my hives will go away. If there is anyone out there who is reading this and has been to doctor after doctor with no answers and told there is nothing wrong with them........Don't give up! Believe in yourself and listen to your body......it will tell you. Plus if you can't find a docot to do the test you can do it on your own. My test came from US BioTek in Seattle Wa. It was 126 dollars....best 126 dollars if have spent in a while. For me it is just another tool in confirming what I was already suspecting because tests aren't alway 100% accurate. Thanks for listening. Now I gotta figure out what to eat on this gluten free,egg free,soy free, casein free diet.

I am so glad you got some answers and can now start the healing. There really is a lot you can still eat even though it doesn't seem that way right now. You can get an egg replacer to use in baking, I use Ener-g brand. It works fine in cakes and that sort of thing. My favorite snack food is Wylde pretzels. Most gluten free pretzels have soy which I also avoid so I was really happy to find one I could have. When I was first diagnosed with casien intolerance I switched to Ghee, it is clarified butter and is casein and lactose free. I am now able to tolerate real butter so that is what I use as all the margerines have soy oil in them. Some of us that are soy intolerant can handle soy lecithin, I am one of them and you may be able to tolerate it also. Wait until you are well healed and then try something that has lecithin in it and see if you react. Hopefully you will also tolerate it as it is in a lot. I am sure others will have some good ideas for you also and ask any questions you need to.

I am so glad you got some answers and can now start the healing. There really is a lot you can still eat even though it doesn't seem that way right now. You can get an egg replacer to use in baking, I use Ener-g brand. It works fine in cakes and that sort of thing. My favorite snack food is Wylde pretzels. Most gluten free pretzels have soy which I also avoid so I was really happy to find one I could have. When I was first diagnosed with casien intolerance I switched to Ghee, it is clarified butter and is casein and lactose free. I am now able to tolerate real butter so that is what I use as all the margerines have soy oil in them. Some of us that are soy intolerant can handle soy lecithin, I am one of them and you may be able to tolerate it also. Wait until you are well healed and then try something that has lecithin in it and see if you react. Hopefully you will also tolerate it as it is in a lot. I am sure others will have some good ideas for you also and ask any questions you need to.

Thank you so much for telling me about ghee. I had never heard of it.....I had to google it. Do you buy yours or make is yourself? I need ideas for mayo that has no soy, no gluten, no egg, no casein. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for telling me about ghee. I had never heard of it.....I had to google it. Do you buy yours or make is yourself? I need ideas for mayo that has no soy, no gluten, no egg, no casein. Any ideas?

I used to buy it at the health food store but my Mom made it herself my heating butter until the solids went to the bottom of the pan and then she would use the clear part that sits on top. Watch it carefully as you don't want it to brown.

Unfortunately I haven't found a mayo that fits what we need. I do sometimes use Hellmans Canola Mayo but that does have eggs. I use only very small amounts and only on rare occasions. I don't know if I would react to it if I used it daily. Eggs give me incredible stomach pain and D but so far the tiny amount I use on rare occasions hasn't caused any issues.

Well I finally broke down and have the IgG testing done for food allergies and I was right. I just goes to show if you really listen to your body it will tell you what you need to know....I thought I had a problem with eggs,soy and casein and I was right. Eggs I was highly reactive,soy moderate and casein was low to moderate. In addition to that there was about 5 other things that were in the low range that they told me I could do the rotation diet on. Just give my body a rest for a few weeks and then start introducing on thing at a time. I asked the doc why did this happen she said there was a couple of theories that stress,pregnancy or a virus can cause this to happen. All my problems started coming on after the birth of my daughter who is now 2 and I had had chronic hives, joint and muscle pain as well as many other things. I just went gluten free in September of 09 and have noticed a lot of improvement with that but was still having hives and some joint pain and some occasional diarrhea. I'm really thankful to this site for all the information people have giving me.If anyone else has experienced similar situation as to mine I would love to have any advice as to my journey ahead. I'm excited for the future and knowing that there is a really good chance if I avoid many of these things for 6 months to a year I will be able to add them back in. I hope my hives will go away. If there is anyone out there who is reading this and has been to doctor after doctor with no answers and told there is nothing wrong with them........Don't give up! Believe in yourself and listen to your body......it will tell you. Plus if you can't find a docot to do the test you can do it on your own. My test came from US BioTek in Seattle Wa. It was 126 dollars....best 126 dollars if have spent in a while. For me it is just another tool in confirming what I was already suspecting because tests aren't alway 100% accurate. Thanks for listening. Now I gotta figure out what to eat on this gluten free,egg free,soy free, casein free diet.

Hi, I'm in a similar situation as you. I've been having test after test and keep being told that everything is fine. I'm anxiously awaiting my IgG test results on Nov 19th. I've been gluten free, soy free and dairy free for almost 3 weeks and have seen some improvement but am still dealing with heartburn and abdominal pain on most days. I'm pretty sure that there are other foods that I may need to eliminate, but I can't seem to pinpoint them. The IgG blood test I'm having is through Alletess Medical Lab and they are testing me for 96 different foods. Do you know how many foods you were tested for? And did you also show a positive reaction for gluten, wheat, barley or rye? Thanks for any help!

Hi, I'm in a similar situation as you. I've been having test after test and keep being told that everything is fine. I'm anxiously awaiting my IgG test results on Nov 19th. I've been gluten free, soy free and dairy free for almost 3 weeks and have seen some improvement but am still dealing with heartburn and abdominal pain on most days. I'm pretty sure that there are other foods that I may need to eliminate, but I can't seem to pinpoint them. The IgG blood test I'm having is through Alletess Medical Lab and they are testing me for 96 different foods. Do you know how many foods you were tested for? And did you also show a positive reaction for gluten, wheat, barley or rye? Thanks for any help!

I was tested thru US BioTek in Seattle Wa and It was for 96 foods as well. Did you have to go thru a doctor to get your tests? The ones I had anyone can order and do....but I did go thru a Naturopathic doctor. On the one I had which is a general food panel they have a sample chart on how to interpret your test results and they have a scale of no reaction to very high. The doctor told me you have to be consuming the foods in order for a reaction to show so like for me I wasn't consuming gluten and I only consume a little of dairy before the test. So dairy was only in the low reactive and category wheat gluten was just barely in the low stage but barley was higher in the low stage. I wasn't consuming and gluten so I'm confused why it even showed anything.... I have only been gluten free for 2 months. The doc told me not to expect gluten to show, I was more concerned about eggs and soy. I don't now about your test but if it's anything like mine you have to be eating the trouble foods on a regular basis and not just a little of them but a good amount...not a ton but you want to induce that reaction so the test can pick it up. So don't be discouged if certain things show up. My chiropractor told me her son was so sick and obvious having allergic reactions to food and she told me she had him tested for so many things and nothing showed up. She told me if your immune system is so lowered it is really hard for stuff to even show up on tests. She took him to another chiropractor that does something called Applied Kinesiology allergy testing and found out that way what he was having issues with and has avoided them for some time and she said he is getting better and better and she has now been able to reintroduce some of those foods after 6 months to a year. A lot believe in kinesiology and others think it is scrap and like vodoo or something. So look it up and see what you think. Don't give up...trust your body. I know how you feel, I got some new hives yesterday and I'm wondering what heck caused those considering I'm avoiding all reactive foods. I have been told it can take some time for things to get better. Some people get better in a week some it takes months to a year....who knows. I hoping I will meet someone who has had a similiar experience with hives like me and can tell me what is in store for me and what to expect on healing time. It's hard you know...we just want to feel better now. I'm sure you can relate. Best of luck. I'll be interested to see what your test says...keep us updated.

I was tested thru US BioTek in Seattle Wa and It was for 96 foods as well. Did you have to go thru a doctor to get your tests? The ones I had anyone can order and do....but I did go thru a Naturopathic doctor. On the one I had which is a general food panel they have a sample chart on how to interpret your test results and they have a scale of no reaction to very high. The doctor told me you have to be consuming the foods in order for a reaction to show so like for me I wasn't consuming gluten and I only consume a little of dairy before the test. So dairy was only in the low reactive and category wheat gluten was just barely in the low stage but barley was higher in the low stage. I wasn't consuming and gluten so I'm confused why it even showed anything.... I have only been gluten free for 2 months. The doc told me not to expect gluten to show, I was more concerned about eggs and soy. I don't now about your test but if it's anything like mine you have to be eating the trouble foods on a regular basis and not just a little of them but a good amount...not a ton but you want to induce that reaction so the test can pick it up. So don't be discouged if certain things show up. My chiropractor told me her son was so sick and obvious having allergic reactions to food and she told me she had him tested for so many things and nothing showed up. She told me if your immune system is so lowered it is really hard for stuff to even show up on tests. She took him to another chiropractor that does something called Applied Kinesiology allergy testing and found out that way what he was having issues with and has avoided them for some time and she said he is getting better and better and she has now been able to reintroduce some of those foods after 6 months to a year. A lot believe in kinesiology and others think it is scrap and like vodoo or something. So look it up and see what you think. Don't give up...trust your body. I know how you feel, I got some new hives yesterday and I'm wondering what heck caused those considering I'm avoiding all reactive foods. I have been told it can take some time for things to get better. Some people get better in a week some it takes months to a year....who knows. I hoping I will meet someone who has had a similiar experience with hives like me and can tell me what is in store for me and what to expect on healing time. It's hard you know...we just want to feel better now. I'm sure you can relate. Best of luck. I'll be interested to see what your test says...keep us updated.

Hi, thanks for the response. My family doctor (an MD) sent me to an allergist for the IgG blood test. Unfortunately, the allergist did not tell me that I needed to be eating the foods I may be suspecting are causing my problems at the time they took the blood...UGH! I had only been gluten free for 2 weeks and dairy and soy free for 1 week prior to the blood test, so maybe I'll still show a reaction. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm sorry to hear you're having more problems with hives despite getting rid of your suspected foods. All of this is definitely frustrating. Best of luck to you too!!

Hi, thanks for the response. My family doctor (an MD) sent me to an allergist for the IgG blood test. Unfortunately, the allergist did not tell me that I needed to be eating the foods I may be suspecting are causing my problems at the time they took the blood...UGH! I had only been gluten free for 2 weeks and dairy and soy free for 1 week prior to the blood test, so maybe I'll still show a reaction. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm sorry to hear you're having more problems with hives despite getting rid of your suspected foods. All of this is definitely frustrating. Best of luck to you too!!

Thanks you too. You know it is intersting how doctors forget to inform you of certain things. I'm glad your allergist(md) believes in IgG testing. Things probably will still show up since it hadn't been that long. Nice to talk with someone going through the same. What state do you live in?

Thanks you too. You know it is intersting how doctors forget to inform you of certain things. I'm glad your allergist(md) believes in IgG testing. Things probably will still show up since it hadn't been that long. Nice to talk with someone going through the same. What state do you live in?

I live in Virginia. By the way, I was surfing different posts on this site, and read several of yours. A lot of what you wrote sounded so much like what I've been going through...especially the part about desperately wanting a definitive diagnosis but trying to get used to the fact that you might never get one. I swear if my IgG test results come back completely negative for everything, I'm just gonna lose it.

I had an endoscopy done a month ago and the really frustrating part was that my sm intestine biopsy showed "non-specific" results. I had increased lymphocytes (white blood cells) in the villi in my sm intestine which, according to the pathology report, could be associated with a variety of problems including: gluten sensitivity, sensitivity to other alimentary proteins, gastric H pylori infection, intestinal parasitic infestations, bacterial overgrowth syndromes, drug reactions, autoimmune conditions, and inflammatory bowel disease. So now I have to go through all of these possibilities and eliminate them! I asked my gastroenterologist what these results meant. He basically said "well, just try to figure out what you can eat and then stick with it". I was like "well, no sh*t Sherlock...what do you think I've been trying to do?!!" :)