Rate this topic

Hello :)

I have been experiencing abdominal pains since August. Unfortunately, I have been in and out of the Emergency Room over 5 times -- because of severe pain. The first time I went to the E.R I was diagnosed with mild pancreatitis.

In July there was a death in my family but other than that I have not really been under a lot of stress since the pain has been in my life.

Tests so far:

1. H-Pylori
  2. worms
  3. parasites
  4. colonoscopy with Biopsies
  5. endoscopy with Biopsies
  6. food allergies (blood)
  7. ultrasound
  8. HIDA Scan
  9. CT scan with contrast
  10. celiacs (blood) on 11/03/09

So far I have only been told that I have mild gastritis.... I have tried the BRAT diet, bland foods, & liquid diets.... so far NOTHING has helped.

Any time I eat it HURTS! When I eat I almost immediately have urgency and diarrhea... blood and mucus. EW! :(

Now, I am on my 3rd Gastroenterologist.

My symptoms:

Dizziness

Headaches

Stomach Pain (severe)

Fainting

Blood in stool (black and red)

Bad heartburn

Gas

Bloating

I think I might have Celiacs..... I get cold sores, fractures, can't use makeup or lipgloss/chapstick. I ALWAYS get bloated after I eat.... I have had diarrhea my whole life but my colon is fine.

:(

I hope this test comes out positive so I can get some answers!!!! I am sick of being on pain killers (oxycodone) every night. :(

Welcome to the board. You do sound like you could be one of us. Do be aware that the blood tests can show a false negative. After you have done all the testing that you choose to do for celiac give the diet a good strict try for a couple of months. Ask any questions you need to and I hope you get some answers soon and are feeling better.

Are you eating gluten now? What is your diet like?

Welcome to the board. You do sound like you could be one of us. Do be aware that the blood tests can show a false negative. After you have done all the testing that you choose to do for celiac give the diet a good strict try for a couple of months. Ask any questions you need to and I hope you get some answers soon and are feeling better.

:) Thanks hon. I MIGHT find out today. So nervous!

Are you eating gluten now? What is your diet like?

Right now it's mostly breads and starches because veggies and meat bother me soooo much lately. :(

Right now it's mostly breads and starches because veggies and meat bother me soooo much lately. :(

If your going to get another endo don't go gluten free yet. If not go ahead and give the diet a good shot. The veggies and meats may not be the issue even if it seems they are. Gluten reactions are often delayed. The gluten reaction to the toast and cereal you had for breakfast may not be noticed until as much as three days after you eat it.