OliveBranch

High Forehead Poll

Rate this topic

High Forehead Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a high forehead?

• yes
    • no

I read recently on this forum that some people consider a high forehead to be a common celiac trait. There may be little truth to that, but I read it with great interest since my own high forehead has been my least favorite feature since I was a kid -- I would be happy if my hairline were a good 1.5 inches lower. Just curious to see if there really is a high-forehead trend among celiacs, so please chime in.

Thanks!

How do you define a high forehead?

Hmm, I suppose it is a bit subjective, isn't it. I've just measured mine at 3" exactly from my eyebrows to my hairline (I'm actually surprised it's not more)--perhaps we could say 2.5 inches or more would be a high forehead?

Quote name='Jestgar' date='Nov 7 2009, 04:13 PM' post='573666']

How do you define a high forehead?

I read recently on this forum that some people consider a high forehead to be a common celiac trait.

I heard that it was a trait of HIGH intellect! I have a high forhead, much more as I age. I must be getting smarter! :P

I heard that it was a trait of HIGH intellect! I have a high forhead, much more as I age. I must be getting smarter! :P

Cool dat!! :D :D :D

I have always not liked my forehead...

hubby says it's beautiful, so I don't know...he's blinded by love I guess! :lol:

So far it's 75% true that celiacs have high foreheads...however I feel it's more of a coincidence...

I'm not quite sure how the connection works.

I got about an inch betwixt brow and hairline.

And I'm pretty sure I'm above average on the intelligence curve

And I'm Polish,

so there's three stereotypes down the drain.

I got about an inch betwixt brow and hairline.

And I'm pretty sure I'm above average on the intelligence curve

And I'm Polish,

so there's three stereotypes down the drain.

:lol::lol::lol:

Funny thing was my Gastro doctor mentioned it to me and I mentioned it in one of my posts. He said he wasn't sure if there was a connection, only that it was something he heard. Just to clarify! ;)

I have a high forehead but my blood tests or endoscopy did not conclude Celiac, although the diet has amazingly helped me in just one week, my energy's returning fast and my fatigue is disappearing. It's thought by me and one of my doctors nurses that it was latent only due to my young age at 19, since all of my symptoms and family history pointed to it. I dunno, I'm sticking to gluten free since overall its just healthier! :D

Is the issue really a high forehead or is it a short rest of the face that makes the forehead look long proportionally? Or, maybe its a high hairline that's to blame. My hair line keeps moving closer to the back of my head as I age. I've decided it's not really hair loss but hair shift. What use to be on my head has now gravitated down to my ears, nose, and belly. It's gravity, you know!

Is the issue really a high forehead or is it a short rest of the face that makes the forehead look long proportionally? Or, maybe its a high hairline that's to blame. My hair line keeps moving closer to the back of my head as I age. I've decided it's not really hair loss but hair shift. What use to be on my head has now gravitated down to my ears, nose, and belly. It's gravity, you know!

:lol::D:huh:

I can proudly say that isn't happening to me...lol...and hope it doesn't :blink:

I definitely don't have a high forehead! And I have a very high IQ, so there! :P

Nope. Raven does not have a high forehead! lol

:lol::D:huh:

I can proudly say that isn't happening to me...lol...and hope it doesn't :blink:

Give it time, Child of the 80's. I'm a child of the 50's and 60's.

no.. Im at about 2 inches... but I heard also that people with gluten intolerance also have really short pinky fingers in proportion to their ring fingers... my pinkys are about 1/2 inch shorter than the last joint on my ring finger!

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! :D :D :D :D :D

Speaking of fingers, there was also a symptom that I saw when researching that my gastro also mentioned at my appointment. Clubbed fingers are a thing to look out for, bulging at the knuckles while tapering in between. He said it was sign of a disease. Also round nails in their profile view is part of the clubbed fingers. Clubbed fingers

Theres a scientific illustration of it.

I just voted yes- I always did, always hated it! But I have nice hair at least, so that makes up for it. I gasped when I read your post bc I always made fun of my forehead!!