lkziemke

Breadmaker Or Ka Mixer?

Rate this topic

New to this game!

I want to be able to make gluten-free breads more easily. I do love to bake and I have wanted to get a KA mixer for a long time. However, I love the idea of being able to QUICKLY throw in a loaf of bread to eat along with soup, have ready for breakfast the next morning, etc. I know I can do that in the oven as well, but I wonder if maybe I won't end up baking as much bread as I would need to to keep up with all the mouths here. However, for all the other things that I will now be making exclusively from scratch (muffins, cinnamon rolls, pizza crust, etc. etc.), I can see real benefit to the KA mixer in my kitchen! Plus I like the crust on oven bread so much better (gluten, at least). Breadmaker bread is kind of "eh" in comparison, IMHO. Still good, though.

In my ideal world I would just get both right now, but in real life we need to space out these expenses, so I might be waiting on the other one for a year or two.

I looked at the Breadman tr875 but they have scary reviews at The-Site-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named-Mega-Distributor, (refurbished with no disclosure, haven't been manufactured in years, no replacement parts from the manufacturer, etc.). I have also looked at the Zo but it is BIG and UGLY. Why do they only make it in white?? Plus, it is as much as a KA mixer! If they made it in stainless and black I might get it and wait on the mixer, but oyyyy the counterspace and blinding white color make me think twice.

Have any of you decided one way or the other and lived to love/regret your decision? Do either of you have both and use one way more? I need a push. (ETA: I am a stay-at-home homeschooling mom of a preschooler and a toddler, and we'd like more kids. So life at my house is busy!)

IMO, I don't have either one so if I was to buy one...I would choose the KA mixer. Why? You can do more things with it and still make bread too.

I've got both . . . if I had to give one up, I would give up the breadmaker. I use the mixer a LOT more than the bread machine.

I've got both . . . if I had to give one up, I would give up the breadmaker. I use the mixer a LOT more than the bread machine.

Darn210...darn-it! I was hoping you'd give up the mixer...TO MEEEE! ;):lol: