Lynayah

Is Kitchen Bouquet Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Is Kitchen Bouquet Gluten Free? There seems to be an assortment of opinions out there, and when I call the toll free number, there is not an option for a Kitchen Bouquet inquiry extention.

Thanks!

I quit using that years ago because it was full of MSG, check that out. Is soy sauce in it?

Thank you. I will check.

I do not know about Kitchen Bouquet but Gravy Master is similar. The website info is below

Gravy Master

Gluten Info

We put no wheat gluten directly into Gravy Master.

The hydrolyzed vegetable protein used in Gravy Master is corn and soy based, not wheat. It is wheat gluten that most sensitive people react to. Our supplier has informed us that while it is possible that not all the corn gluten has been completely hydrolyzed, the trace amounts that might remain should not affect most gluten sensitivities.

The vinegar used in Gravy Master is apple cider vinegar.

The caramelized sugar is derived from pure cane sugar, the caramel color is derived from corn syrup.

Gravy Master is certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union.

According to wikipedia, these are the ingredients:

Caramel, Vegetable Base (Water, Carrots, Onions, Celery, Parsnips, Turnips, Salt, Parsley, Spices), Sodium benzoate and Sulfiting agents.

Looks gluten-free.

We used it last year - no problems!

Doubt they have changed their ingredients.

I'm looking at a bottle now. There's no gluten ingredients, and no MSG (which isn't a concern for me anyway).

I use it occasionally. I add just a little to a brown gravy or sauce after taking off the heat. Too much can change the flavor of the sauce IMO. Also, it is really dark. It's pretty concentrated.

best regards, lm

All of you: GREAT info, thanks. I did read somewhere that as of a certain date KB is gluten-free. I tried but could not find the link again to save my soul.

Perhaps, maybe, the earlier version had MSG but the new one does not?

I am going to give it a try. I have a new roaster oven, and the only way to really brown a chicken/turkey is with a mixture of KB, and I believe, butter and paprika.

I very much appreciate everyone's help here!