missybean

I Need Chocolate!

Rate this topic

Help does anybody have any recommendations on where I could find some soy free, dairy free, gluten free chocolate?

I use Paskesz. It's available in the Kosher section of many grocery stores. Enjoy Life also makes gluten, dairy and soy free chocolate.

Theo Chocolate (Seattle)

Michel Cluizel (Paris)

Bernard Castelain (France)

Chocolat Bonnat (French)

Domori (Italy)

They're all *good* chocolates, so they aren't cheap. But I cannot FATHOM eating a whole 2-3oz dark chocolate "bar" in one sitting. One of those things will last me about a week, if I'm eating chocolate every day. Dark chocolate is an acquired taste, if you don't already like it, so give it a chance.

I generally get my chocolate from: Chocosphere (based in Portland), and winter is a perfect time of year to do shipping. I have found Theo locally (but, it's a Seattle company, and I live in the Puget Sound ;) ), and have found Cluizel and Castelain at Cost Plus World Market, which is fairly common on the West Coast.

Enjoy Life's is ok, but ... well, it's not *good* chocolate. :P (Yes, I am a self-admitted chocolate snob. I think Hershey's chocolate is foul tasting. So, your mileage may vary with my advice. :D )

I just recently foudn Enjoy Life's "boom CHOCO boom" dark chocolate bars and they are YUMMY!!! I have always been a chocolate snob and have been dancing a happy dance since finding these. They are Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Nut-Free and Soy-Free!!! I found it at Kroger's and a 1.4 oz. bar costs 1.59. I looked them up online and they seem to run about 1.79 on some of the shopping sites. 1.4 oz doesn't seem like much, but it has 4 sections to it and I try to stick to having one section a day. It's a WONDERFUL treat!!

Oh, I see you're in WA. If you're near Seattle, you can head over to Theo (it's in Fremont) and do a factory tour (free public tours, paid group tours w/ 10 person minimum). It's awesome, with lots of tasting.

the boom choco boom with crispy rice was good until i tried 'dark chocolate dream with almond'. it's like $3 bar but it's bigger then the enjoy life boom choco bar. I got it at kent nature's market, I don't remember if Whole Foods or PCC has it. I don't care for dark chocolate but to me this tastes like real milk chocolate. It's dairy/gluten free. also vegan chocolate chips are pretty good frozen.

Theo Chocolate (Seattle)

Michel Cluizel (Paris)

Chocolat Bonnat (French)

Domori (Italy)

They're all *good* chocolates, so they aren't cheap. But I cannot FATHOM eating a whole 2-3oz dark chocolate "bar" in one sitting. One of those things will last me about a week, if I'm eating chocolate every day. Dark chocolate is an acquired taste, if you don't already like it, so give it a chance.

I generally get my chocolate from: Chocosphere (based in Portland), and winter is a perfect time of year to do shipping. I have found Theo locally (but, it's a Seattle company, and I live in the Puget Sound ;) ), and have found Cluizel and Castelain at Cost Plus World Market, which is fairly common on the West Coast.

Enjoy Life's is ok, but ... well, it's not *good* chocolate. :P (Yes, I am a self-admitted chocolate snob. I think Hershey's chocolate is foul tasting. So, your mileage may vary with my advice. :D )

Ooh! Where did you find the Theo? Thanks!

Ooh! Where did you find the Theo? Thanks!

Whole Foods, Bartell's, and a few other random places.

Theo Chocolate (Seattle)

Michel Cluizel (Paris)

Chocolat Bonnat (French)

Domori (Italy)

Thank you so much. I live in the Puget Sound as well....I'm about an hour from the Candian border. But when I visit my mom in Everett I will be sure to check out Cost Plus World Market. I think the have one in Redmond. Thank you so much...I will check them all out on the web.

Theo Chocolate (Seattle)

Michel Cluizel (Paris)

Chocolat Bonnat (French)

Domori (Italy)

I just found out Pier One Imports carrys Theos chocolate bars so I will be on my way down there today. The lady on the phone told me they have five varieties so hopefully they will have ones I can consume.