frustrated09

Bad Luck With Lotion

Rate this topic

My favorite lotion was Curel but once I learned there might be gluten in it I stopped using it. I've tried Vaseline and seem to not get along with that either. I picked up a Dove cream oil, but I'm not sure that it's gonna help my hands. My hands are in water all day washing dogs/cats, my hands get so dried out that my fingers start to split near my nails. I tested a Giovanni lotion and don't think i had a problem but is this a good brand? I need something uncented or not to smelly. Any ideas?

Marsha

-self-diagnosed gluten/dairy intolerant

My favorite lotion was Curel but once I learned there might be gluten in it I stopped using it. I've tried Vaseline and seem to not get along with that either. I picked up a Dove cream oil, but I'm not sure that it's gonna help my hands. My hands are in water all day washing dogs/cats, my hands get so dried out that my fingers start to split near my nails. I tested a Giovanni lotion and don't think i had a problem but is this a good brand? I need something uncented or not to smelly. Any ideas?

Marsha

-self-diagnosed gluten/dairy intolerant

I really like Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It's comes in scented or non. Great for dry hands!

You might try finding pure shea butter. Good stuff, and perfectly safe/good for the pets too!

Kiss My Face has some gluten free lotions! if you call them they will tell you which ones. I am currently using the Vitamin A&E version and I like it!

I wash my hands alot. Have had good luck with shea butter too. When hands are cracked and in bad shape, I put nitrile (latex free) gloves over lubed up hands overnight. Have also used socks. :P

I really like Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It's comes in scented or non. Great for dry hands!

I have used this one also with good results. I have also used a NOW product that is just coconut oil and shea butter and that worked well also.

I like Udderly Smooth... it is the only one that has not bothered me. I can't find it in stores around here, but it is very reasonably priced online. Most lotions give me a headache or itchy rash. I have so many barely used lotions/cosmetics/soaps in my bathroom closet because of this - I hope my local women's shelter takes partially used products!

Yes Yes, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, unscented. Love the stuff. Be careful, a little goes a long way. I keep it on my bedside table for use every night.

Yes Yes, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, unscented. Love the stuff. Be careful, a little goes a long way. I keep it on my bedside table for use every night.

Yep, this one gets my vote, too. We spent almost a month at the hospital with my daughter. The nurses had to wash their hands every time they entered her room (actually, any patient's room). I asked what they were using and that's where I first got turned onto it. Love it.

Also just a thought, check and make sure if the shampoos that your washing the animals in is safe for your skin. Hopefully there isn't any cross contamination from that to your clothes and to other things, just in case that may be giving you a reaction. Sounds far fetched but may be something to look into.

Thanks everyone. I picked up the Neutogena hand cream today and will try it tonite. I think it's the stuff i used to use a few years ago before I found the curel lotion. And I have been checking into the dog shampoos and treatments with my boss and envirogroom and possibly espree brands are good.