StacyA

Diamond/emerald Nuts

Rate this topic

I bought some 'Pecan Pie' glazed pecans - Emerald brand (owned by Diamond) because based on the ingredients list they look gluten free. The only questionable ingredient is 'natural and artifical flavorings'. I went to the Emerald/Diamond website to make sure and in their FAQ they list 4 'Emerald Premium Snacks' products that contain gluten:

"Within the Emerald Premium Snack line, four products contain gluten. They are Emerald Honey Dijon Glazed Walnuts 'n Cashews, Emerald Backyard Grill Glazed Walnuts 'n Almonds, Emerald Honey Roasted Peanuts, and Emerald Dry Roasted Walnuts." (http://www.diamondnuts.com/products/faq/index.php#q_7)

However when I compared this list to their list of current products - I didn't even see 'Backyard Grill' as a current product. I therefore wondered if one or the other section of the website was out of date. So I sent an email and got a reply that said they still list discontinued products on their website in case they are still on store shelves or pantries at home. However in the email the representative included a list of 8 nut products that contain gluten (compared to 4 listed in the FAQ section of the website!!), and 3 trail mixes:

Some of the Emerald snack nut products contain gluten. They are as follows.

Emerald Honey Dijon Glazed Walnuts 'n Cashews

Emerald Backyard Grill Glazed Walnuts 'n Almonds

Emerald Honey Roasted Peanuts

Emerald Chocolate Brownie Walnuts

Emerald Dry Roasted Walnuts

Emerald Wasabi Dry Roasted Peanuts

Emerald BBQ Dry Roasted Peanuts

Emerald Chipotle Dry Roasted Peanuts

Emerald Berry Blend Trail Mix

Emerald Breakfast Blend Trail Mix

Emerald Tropical Blend Trail Mix

I replied back that I was even more confused, and am waiting for a response. In the meantime, has anyone tried these 'Pecan Pie' pecans? They look so good...