casnco

Dove Chocolate Discoveries

Rate this topic

I went to a Dove Chocolate Discoveries party. Ummm. Right. Well all of there packaging says, "May contain wheat" I ate a couple of things that before I read that that I felt would be gluten-free. Most chocolate is gluten-free. I haven't had a reaction as of now. 2 days later.

My question is....Do any of you eat items that say...Processed in a facility that contains wheat or Processed on the same equipment as wheat? Or any variation thereof?

Thanks

Debbie

I went to a Dove Chocolate Discoveries party. Ummm. Right. Well all of there packaging says, "May contain wheat" I ate a couple of things that before I read that that I felt would be gluten-free. Most chocolate is gluten-free. I haven't had a reaction as of now. 2 days later.

My question is....Do any of you eat items that say...Processed in a facility that contains wheat or Processed on the same equipment as wheat? Or any variation thereof?

Thanks

Debbie

I have, I think the "processed in a facility that contains wheat, etc." is more of a warning, like, you may or may not have a reaction. Luck of the draw, 50/50 chance...

I love how I pick up a gluten free item, turn it over, search for the allergen info and see that warning. Then I say, "Oh CRAP! Are you SERIOUS?!"

I don't do it anymore though. It ain't worth it.

I usually avoid any product with this warning. That said I have eaten Dove chocolate without any problems.