coriforia

Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free Bread And All-purpose Flour

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I've recently found out I can't eat gluten so I picked up Bob's Red mill gluten-free bread mix and the all-purpose flour and both make my mouth burn! Has anyone else had this reaction before?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I've recently found out I can't eat gluten so I picked up Bob's Red mill gluten-free bread mix and the all-purpose flour and both make my mouth burn! Has anyone else had this reaction before?

I've been gluten free by necessity for quite a few years now and have JUST "discovered" the Bob's gluten free bread mixes. I LOVE them and don't have any issues with them. However, I will say that when I first started going gluten free I had some very strange reactions to a lot of different foods. I think the body is adjusting, maybe "detoxing" and just not sure what to make of all the new ingredients. I couldn't eat ANY kindof flour for about a year. It made my throat feel like it was swelling up. That has long since passed, thankfully.

I'd stick with a limited menu for a while until your body adjusts, and then try reintroducing the gluten free baked goods again. Good luck. Things DO get better.

If it is making your mouth burn you are senstive to something in it. Try a different mix. Pamela's makes a good baking mix as does Tom Sawyer brand. I prefer the Pamela's for stuff like muffins and Tom Sawyer for things like scalloped potatoes. Gluten free pantry also makes some really good mixes, my favorite is the French Bread mix for fresh pizza dough.

Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix and All Purpose Baking Flour are staples in my kitchen. I love the bread, when I make it I use all eggs rather than waste money using so many whites, cheaper too. The flour I use as a substitute in lots of recipes. I have found that you can use a little less as it is more dense than regular white flour. Also be sure to use Xanthun Gum, about 1 t. per cup of flour. I have fed gluten-free things to people that didn't know and they could not tell. Actually I did try Pamela's bread mix and it is good too. They have it at my Walmart in a special section for us gluten-free people. Pamela's baking mix is so awesome for pancakes and waffles, try it with blueberries on top, so yummy.

Barbara