Ariauna

Butter, Margarine

Rate this topic

Okay I am wondering if there is any butter or margarine that is soy based vs milk/dairy based along with gluten-free of course. I do have a milk intolerance, I can eat cheese and such but when I get near basic milk or even sour cream I don't do so well. I find that when I use GV Brand butter in very small amounts I am okay but really by that time it's like what's the point in using it and then my food is just bland. If I consume my milk/product early in the day by the time I go to bed I am good but I still spend the day belching and let's just say that taste is not something I care for lol.

Okay I am wondering if there is any butter or margarine that is soy based vs milk/dairy based along with gluten-free of course. I do have a milk intolerance, I can eat cheese and such but when I get near basic milk or even sour cream I don't do so well. I find that when I use GV Brand butter in very small amounts I am okay but really by that time it's like what's the point in using it and then my food is just bland. If I consume my milk/product early in the day by the time I go to bed I am good but I still spend the day belching and let's just say that taste is not something I care for lol.

Nucoa margarine (stick) is made of soybean oil with no dairy. Benecol is soybean with no dairy. I've heard tell there is a Fleshmans (sp?) that is the same but I've yet to find it. I have seen some with soybeans in it which we can't have. I can't remember the name.

Earthbalance is dairy-free. The original has soy but they have come out with a soy-free version as well-red label I think and it comes in tubs.

Earthbalance is dairy-free. The original has soy but they have come out with a soy-free version as well-red label I think and it comes in tubs.

Yes, that was the one! Sadly it has peas in it.

We use Smart Balance w/flax oil, I get it at Walmart and it is casein free. I use that for adding to veggies or toast, etc. For baking, we use Earth Balance buttery sticks. They are really good for making frosting, using in cookies, etc. I actually like the taste of it better than butter now, which I never thought would happen :D